Weather

matt_berr

*guru duck sits on top of rock*

Okay guys this is what I want you to do, when you're on site do not look at any weather forecast and ignore the Michael Fishes Met Office Cult, IGNORE THEIR WORDS! And so help my God if Friday wont be the driest day of the year!

Edited by Yesiamaduck

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say I didn't love 2011 until the Sunday. It just all felt like a battle and the new queuing system to get into shangri la didn't help. The sunday was amazing though.

But having said all that, I have dug out my various leopard print and gold leggings (wouldn't be wearing them in the sun), found all my long welly socks and my raincoat and in doing that my excitement levels have gone up to DEFCON 5.

I have a toddler now (who is not coming!) so my big weekends are few and far between. I'll be damned if a bit of rain and mud is going to spoil this one.

But I feel very sorry for people of limited mobility for whom rain and mud ruins a festival. And I'll be praying to the weather gods (sorry, I know that is sacrilege on the science thread, but science isn't really playing ball) that the bands of rain miss worthy farm.

starting to get really worried about my first glastonbury trudging a pram around :(

I NEEDED this one to be dry.

Whether it's your first or twentieth, be prepared, be flexible, be cool.

All we have to think about right now is the weather. When you are there, whatever the weather, it will be beautiful. Have a great one :yahoo:

Amazingly hard to believe its really going to get this bad with the weather today in Bath at least being about as perfect for a festival as you can get. At least we might be spared queuing and pitching in the rain though which would frankly be pretty terrible wouldn't it?

All pretty consistent though I have to say with the third wave of the June monsoon which traditionally is supposed to arrive over the last weekend of the month.

Amazingly hard to believe its really going to get this bad with the weather today in Bath at least being about as perfect for a festival as you can get. At least we might be spared queuing and pitching in the rain though which would frankly be pretty terrible wouldn't it?

All pretty consistent though I have to say with the third wave of the June monsoon which traditionally is supposed to arrive over the last weekend of the month.

Exactly, looks like it's just going to balls up completely for the festival. Having said that, tomorrow and Thursday might be nice - sunny perhaps!

Unless you have mobility problems which mean significant mud renders you totally unable to navigate the site.

We know it's a gamble when we buy my husband a ticket - he has spastic diplegia which means he walks on his toes, his legs are stiff and his balance is poor. We say when we buy the ticket that if it looks like there will be a lot of mud he will have to accept it's best to stay at home. However this close to the festival and with so much uncertainty that is very hard to do. At the moment he is coming, but with a real risk of being stuck in the tent from Friday onwards, or having to give up and get the train home. So it's not just a case of "man up and come prepared" for everyone - I'm sure there are plenty of folk in a similar position to a greater or lesser extent.

I hear that - my hubby uses a wheelchair (I think I mentioned that earlier in the thread). I'm really not fussed by a bit of rain (though draw the line at the persistent onslaught of 2007) but wheelchairs + mud can be a right pain in the arse as it makes it so much harder to go on a bimble and see what you find. Luckily last year was fine by Friday morning but this year it seems the most of the rain will fall on Friday, as well as hanging around before and after, so I'm a little nervous.

That said, most forecasts seem to be talking about showers, rather than persistent rain. So, if there's sun in between little spells of rain, hopefully it'll dry out in between and not get too sludgy. That's how weather works, right? RIGHT?!!

MrsRookin, do you use the disabled campsite?

Edited by alibear

Ah balllllllssssssssss. Im am getting pissed off now with the weather forecast. I HATE walking around in wellies. My feet do be killing me and that bloody mud is a killer. I so wanted just to have a mud free Glastonbury as it is so much easier to get around. I wanted to see as much as the festival as I could this time around as in 2011 it was so hard to walk around that I kept it to a minimum and just went to see the acts I wanted to see rather than exploring the site as I had wanted. I was just so tired from trudging around in the mud. I really wanted this year to be year I explored the festival.

I know people say "Its Glastonbury, be happy etc etc" but trudging through mud is hateful. I dont mind the showers but when you get heavy rain you get mud. At least tomorrow looks ok so putting up the tent will be fine. What makes it worse is that the weather has been so nice for the last 2 weeks. One more week would have been fantastic.

Ah balllllllssssssssss. Im am getting pissed off now with the weather forecast. I HATE walking around in wellies. My feet do be killing me and that bloody mud is a killer. I so wanted just to have a mud free Glastonbury as it is so much easier to get around. I wanted to see as much as the festival as I could this time around as in 2011 it was so hard to walk around that I kept it to a minimum and just went to see the acts I wanted to see rather than exploring the site as I had wanted. I was just so tired from trudging around in the mud. I really wanted this year to be year I explored the festival.

I know people say "Its Glastonbury, be happy etc etc" but trudging through mud is hateful. I dont mind the showers but when you get heavy rain you get mud. At least tomorrow looks ok so putting up the tent will be fine. What makes it worse is that the weather has been so nice for the last 2 weeks. One more week would have been fantastic.

don't wear wellies then, and invest in a pair of walking boots that fit properly. Much more comfortable and they can be worn when/if the site dries out.