Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be as simple as wafting your hand in the air- it's a bit like chaos theory where the tiniest atmospheric changes can have a cascade effect- so get wafting!

Just outside hanging up washing and thought I'd give it a go. Wandering around waving my hands in the air, muttering to the dog about the weather and if I was even waving my hands in the right direction, when I glanced up and met my neighbours eye. It's tricky going from waving your hands around like a nutter to nonchalant but I think I pulled it off.

Just outside hanging up washing and thought I'd give it a go. Wandering around waving my hands in the air, muttering to the dog about the weather and if I was even waving my hands in the right direction, when I glanced up and met my neighbours eye. It's tricky going from waving your hands around like a nutter to nonchalant but I think I pulled it off.

Ha! And look- the weather forecasts have slightly improved already, proving that it's working! Keep at it!

it's looking like NO big deal. here is a map of the south west. sat and sunday not shown [sat will be 2mo, and sat and sunday shown on Weds. the only rain is light stuff on thurs and a bit more on the first half of Fri. sat and sun very likely to be bad ... IF you want rain on those days :sarcastic: .

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_weather.html

Edited by scorp

Whatever you get up to in your back garden is your business I suppose.

Fnar Fnar.

Tis true but I don't want to do anything that lowers her opinion of my mental health so far that she won't give my dog back after his festival holiday with her. :)

The BBC have changed - Friday now brightening a bit and forecasting no rain for Saturday - presumably that means they are rubbish at forecasting weather, apart form Saturdays, which they are oddly brilliant at

They've still got heavy rain Fri and rain on Sat and Sun on their website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640282

I realise this, but their forecasts often differ from the Met Office. I'm a cameraman who films a LOT of outside events over the summer and I've done so for 20 years, watching the weather is part of my job and based on this experience I know that the BBC forecasts are often not very good at all.

Ahhh! You go outside a lot!? Sorry, I'll shut up.

I guess hes implying he'd need to keep a closer eye on the weather year round so he knows what sites are more reliable whereas most of us check a couple times a year. Of which case I'd totally value his opinion over most.

No I'm wrong the Beeb are great because they've got people from the Met Office. Apologies for the confusion, hope you have a great Glastonbury

Edited by filmguy

I guess hes implying he'd need to keep a closer eye on the weather year round so he knows what sites are more reliable whereas most of us check a couple times a year. Of which case I'd totally value his opinion over most.

Thanks for pointing out what he was implying. I lost that bit.