Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I have to really nag my other half to bring wellies to Glasto as he hates wearing them and will only wear them in mudbath conditions.

After seeing Countryfile, he has just voluntarily gone and got his wellies out of the shed and put them on the packing pile.

Edited by JoBalls

Ok now the beeb has sat on the fence lets get back to the actual

Wednesday scattered cloud but lots of SUN

Thursday cloud cover but no rain

Friday chance of light rain , still sun though precipation 0.13inch

Saturday chance of light rain in afternoon / early evening 0.04inch. , wind max 15mph

Perfect for my favourite headliners

Sunday scattered clouds but again blue sky , and no rain!! Bit more optimistic than the doomcountryfile

It isn't, half the time it's completely different to the Met forecast and by no means is the Met forecast the "most trustworthy" forecast going

The BBC use the met office for their forecasts. The BBCs broadcast meteorologists are MET office employees ffs. I'm not making this up, it's fact.

The Monday after is what I'm concerned about. Rain will make putting the tent away a bit of a bugger and I suspect, lead to a lot of people abandoning their tents when they leave :(

To be honest, I am far more concerned about having a good time when I am at the festival rather than if people leave abandoned tents afterwards.

Edited by majormajormajor

The BBC use the met office for their forecasts. The BBCs broadcast meteorologists are MET office employees ffs. I'm not making this up, it's fact.

I realise this, but their forecasts often differ from the Met Office. I'm a cameraman who films a LOT of outside events over the summer and I've done so for 20 years, watching the weather is part of my job and based on this experience I know that the BBC forecasts are often not very good at all.