Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.

So imagine a big rain cloud is predicted to be over your house. So it predicts rain.

When the forecasters look again it looks like that weather system will be located 10 miles further west.

So now the forecast will say it looks like it will be sunny over your house.

That's all it takes - 5 miles one way or the other and the forecast changes - it's why it's so stupid all this focusing on specific details.

I still don't get your definition of humour / comedy dude.

...or did you respond earlier in the thread?

I only ask because you were very assured and definitive and ABSOLUTIST about it...

...which is very Newtonian...coming from an avowed scientist.

Einstein frowned on absolutism.

Thoughts Frostypaw?

Edited by Woffy

Realised this is the first time iv paid attention to the weather of a festival.

Every other festival iv been to iv just packed for all occasions and dealt with whatever.

I blame this forum.

Edited by Harry3

Just had our local weather forecast from the tor and the lady finished with "looking good for the beginning of Glastonbury festival"

Speaking of the tor anyone up there to watch the solstice? Pondering it myself

My view is if it ok when everyone is pitching the tents it's half the battle, I wasn't impressed with BBc weather earlier as glorious sunshine til tuesday then rain for the next 5 days!

Who knows as in Manchester we have had some right moody looking clouds over the last few days but it's been really warm, so you think it's gonna thunder & whatnot but totally no rain...so long as its dry most of fest I can live with that

I really don't understand why we spend so much money on supercomputers trying to predict the weather ( has anyone seen the luxury MetOffice HQ ?! ) just too many variables for a small island like ours - guess what -that cloud might rain on us - and it might not!

Have you considered what life would be like if there was no whether prediction at all?

I still don't get your definition of humour / comedy dude.

...or did you respond earlier in the thread?

I only ask because you were very assured and definitive and ABSOLUTIST about it...

...which is very Newtonian...coming from an avowed scientist.

Einstein frowned on absolutism.

Thoughts Frostypaw?

Thoughts are I gave an example of something funny and something not funny, not any definition of comedy

That was fricking ages ago dude, put the bone down. Not everyone has the same idea of funny, this isn't news. Back to weather - please!