Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Squire, I think you're in the wrong thread. You need the NFRNFC one - such non-sciencey beliefs will get you hung, drawn and quartered on this thread!

Vorsprung durch Technik!

I'm all for science and deep analysis of weather charts but a bit of German symbolism to mark the high pressure moments seems to help - in world cup years at least...

Bloody hell, Accuweather right now!

As someone that will turns into a burnt strawberry under the sun, I would really love to see some clouds in that forecast.

The thursday is a little dissapointing now (It might have changed since earlier) and tbh the Sunday to but yes. Are these not the ones who predicted the sun would envelope the earth during Glastonbury one year though?

NFR NFC :P

What's big dog!? Excuse my ignorance..

Someone who posts on here owns a big black dog who frequents the paths near the festival site on his morning / evening walks, and Big Dog provides on-the-ground reports on site & weather conditions in the run-up to the fest. He gained legendary status on last year's weather thread.

Someone who posts on here owns a big black dog who frequents the paths near the festival site on his morning / evening walks, and Big Dog provides on-the-ground reports on site & weather conditions in the run-up to the fest. He gained legendary status on last year's weather thread.

Big Dog is out doing his rounds of the site as we speak. No doubt he will return hot and panting in awhile. Then proceed to dribble over the floor as he is not that great at drinking politely. Thank the lord for stone floors!

me and Bigdog have tooled around the villagers / blue gate area and along the north side of the site and the boy is happy and hot. The last few days of hot and dry have started to work in our favour, hard and dry with very occasional moist patches (phnarr). There is a good drying breeze and the buzzards are up around the G car park buggering around on the thermals. He sampled the rabbit scut and attempted to roll in some fox shit but that pleasure was denied him. Tomorrow is promising to be hotter and it will continue to dry the area.

We tromped through the long grass and came out with a good covering of seed but completely dry feet, indication that there is no trapped moisture in the shaded root areas. Another good sign.

We can't get on site, security are newly positioned and still keen. There is also a prohibition on dogs that is apparently not negotiable. It is looking good as you drive down the hill into the village, starting to look full in some places. Wickedfairies webcam will give much better detail than I can.

We haven't had to resort to the rock real time forecast, one look at the panting and farting horse thing tells me all I need to know.

Looking good folks.