Some news...

Katster

Is this any help? I've been really pleasantly surprised by how well they've worked for us but obv we're still only contending with newborn sized wees!

http://youtu.be/C5EtTYQJWAU

We started BLW at 5.5 months so not much different from you Kat. Say goodbye to lovely breastfed baby poo! Weaning stinks in comparison!

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, weaning. I had a right little fusspot on my hands who took the "breast is best" slogan way too seriously!

Yoghurt saved us in the end. For months everything he ate was smothered in/mixed with rich, guey, fruity yoghurt. Eventually he realised that some things tasted good without. Happy messy days. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The good bit: my son has got 2 brand new baby cousins, twin girls. Sis-in-law gave birth yesterday. Apparently all went well (they are in Lima at the mo, so all I get is emails and the odd phone call). :)

The scary bit: together, they weigh 15 lbs. That's right. One just under 7, the over just over 8. And their mum is a slip of a girl! :startle:

Edited by midnight

The good bit: my son has got 2 brand new baby cousins, twin girls. Sis-in-law gave birth yesterday. Apparently all went well (they are in Lima at the mo, so all I get is emails and the odd phone call). :)

The scary bit: together, they weigh 15 lbs. That's right. One just under 7, the over just over 8. And their mum is a slip of a girl! :startle:

Jeez! Imagine having delivered one, and then knowing you have to do it again, before your brain gets time to blot it all out :O

It's great news that all went well. :D

Edited by feral chile

I fucking hope not :lol: in my brothers' case, nature was helped along by science, but there are twins dotted around the family. Then again as Irish families used to have a bazillion kids, the odds of multiples were probably higher!

Congratulations midnight that's lovely news :)

Willow has taken to weaning like she seems to take to pretty much everything :)

This afternoon she was stuffing her face with butternut squash and boiled potatoes in the pub (then spitting/gagging the majority onto the floor).

Thanks, Katster, mashed sweet potatoes with a bit of butter were one of the big hits in our house back then (but will he eat sweet potatoes now? will he h*ll!). Soon you'll have to order meals for Willow! ;)

Thank you all for the congrats, yes, twins are great, I would have loved twins as firstborns, not so sure about having them on top of one or two already existing siblings, though. :crazy:

They were born about 20 mins apart, the smaller one first. I guess the mother didn't have much time to contemplate about the ordeal between them...... They do look fat and well, I've been sent soome pics.

:)

Almost six months in and she's still so good to us :) at every stage people keep telling us to make the most of it but all I ever feel from her is goodness. She's so loving and pleasant. She fights sleep in the day so she gets a bit cranky sometimes but other than that she's a super star. She doesn't sleep through the night but I don't expect her to, she's a baby not a robot! How are the twins Midnight??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually, gold is one year. Platinum is two.

However, after a biting incident a couple of months ago I have been expressing since and she no longer feeds off me.

I'm still completely smitten and loving every moment. At almost 10 months now she is on the verge of walking. Parenthood though, it really is the greatest thing. I'm a changed woman.

• 6 months later...