Some news...

Katster

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys.

Due date is now 12th Oct (one week after my own birthday!)

We are not finding out. We don't care what flavour it is. Exciting times. It means I can't go to Benicassim though and have two tickets going - if anyone wants to make me an offer? Thankfully I am still able to go to Brittany as we are driving there. Maybe see some of you at Bearded Theory but that's it festival wise for me this year. I will try to add a scan photo later, it's quite funny, it looks like an old man. Was difficult for her to get a good picture as we have a little wriggler as she put it. Oh dear! Neither me or Dan can sit still so makes sense I guess!

Be careful with the scan photo, if they are anything like they were when we got a scan, I tried to laminate ours for safe keeping and the heat made the paper go all black!

We were told to store ours in the dark to avoid the picture fading away - we put them in a frame instead, 3 years on they seem okay!

Yeah i was already warned about the laminating thing by the reprographics lady at work. We have one photo, if it spoils it spoils. As long as the tiddly wink is ok it doesn't really matter :)

It is indeed an efests baby Bunique. Metaller_derbys for those who remember him, finally came to his senses 8 years after we first met. Lol. I doubt Neil would accept any commission from either of us ha.

Thanks for the congrats guys, I'm a very happy Kat.

Be careful with the scan photo, if they are anything like they were when we got a scan, I tried to laminate ours for safe keeping and the heat made the paper go all black!

Couldn't katster just 'cold' laminate the front of the paper using a clear sheet of sticky laminate that you can buy for £1 at Poundland? This wouldn't involve a heating process. I'm not sure on this one.

Just to add, Katster, that if you did go down this path, it would be wise to practice laminate some other stuff of a similar nature first to see if the glue on the laminate distorts the perspective in anyway.

Once again, congratulation to you and Dan.

The first scan is so nerve wracking, I remember we walked up to the hospital in total silence! The 20 week one is brilliant, you can see so much detail. We didn't find out what we were having and had it in our birth plan that Nick would "announce" it rather than the midwife - handy as I ended up delivering on all fours and couldn't see the flippin' baby anyway! Aww, so exciting :D Enjoy every second!!

I was particularly nervous because a friend just recently went for hers and it had gone :( she's pregnant again now and is 3 weeks ahead of me so hopefully she will do ok (I'm sure we both will). It's just you always have that thought in your mind, especially at this stage when there are few symptoms.

I'm enjoying it so far though and Dan is looking after me which is nice. I'm very lucky. I know I'm a bit naive but I never knew they moved around so much at this stage, seeing all that happening inside me when on the outside I appear normal (if a bit bloated) was quite surreal. Crazy.