Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

on a similar note actually, I did see a female come from the backstage area of West Holts and give a row of guys who were pissing along the fence a good beating with her bag. She came out like a bat out of hell. And their reactions were priceless. Fear and confusion, while trying to avoid getting hit, while still trying to finish their piss.

Apart from the ice-cream van incident durinG SFA's in 1999 mine was actually something I heard driving into the festival in 2009.

There was six of us driving in two cars, 3 in each and we had a set of walkie talkies as one of the designated drivers had a terrible sense of direction so though the walki talkies would be easier and quicker than having to ring him if he went off course, which he did numerous times so they were indeed useful.

Upon driving up to the site they started to pick up interference from the stewards/security comms and I kid you not we heard this conversation....

Security Guy 1: "Ive just seen a guy walking off with a very wasted girl, Im going to check it out, something looked a bit dodgy"

Security Guy 2: "Ok, keep me up to date"

About 5-10 minutes went past with a bit of crackling and interference then we heard.....

SC1 " Ive found the girl, no sign of the guy, shes in a right mess, Ive got her laid down against the fencing"

SC2 " Oh right, is she hot"

SC1 "Yeah, I bet shes alright when shes not an absolute mess"

SC 2 "Have you tried slipping any fingers in the till"

SC 1 "Haha, thats a negative, I have not tried to finger her, I repeat, I have not tried to finger her"

Like I said, I kid you not !

That's pretty repulsive.

Sunday night/Monday morning of 2013 at the stone circle. Couple 'doing the deed' without any sense of privacy at the bottom of a slope. The Rinky Dink (y'know, that DJ/Bike thing) pulls up next to them and a crowd forms around the bike, everyone dancing etc with the couple only 2 metres away from the bike. Not only did the crowd clap the couple, the couple going at it just carried on the whole time.

I admire their concentration to be honest, having a rinky dink next to the Rinky Dink must've been off putting.

One year just after we set our tents up at pennards at around 9:30am on the Wednesday we saw a panicked deer running around trying to find a way out. That was freaky must have got into the festival somehow and couldn't get back out?!!!

One year just after we set our tents up at pennards at around 9:30am on the Wednesday we saw a panicked deer running around trying to find a way out. That was freaky must have got into the festival somehow and couldn't get back out?!!!

I was camped in the back corner of Oxylears last year near the back of the bbc introducing stage and I walked to the side fence, it was just like a big railing, to walk to the toilet and out of the corner of my eye I though some big dog was running towards me. I bricked it and looked properly and then this deer ran straight into the fence and then straight down towards some bushes. Proper surreal. Must be a regular at the festival

Sunday night/Monday morning of 2013 at the stone circle. Couple 'doing the deed' without any sense of privacy at the bottom of a slope. The Rinky Dink (y'know, that DJ/Bike thing) pulls up next to them and a crowd forms around the bike, everyone dancing etc with the couple only 2 metres away from the bike. Not only did the crowd clap the couple, the couple going at it just carried on the whole time.

I admire their concentration to be honest, having a rinky dink next to the Rinky Dink must've been off putting.

WHAT? Getting married?

One night 2008, my friend decided to take mdma with us for the first time. he was prancing around in a long dress, big beard and had long hair and to top it off a pair of marigolds. the reception he got was great, but there was a few hated it as it was sexist... haha. We then lost the guy, and after a long hunt we found him sat in his tent, wearing only a poncho playing/making noises on his recorder, and a big grin on his face when we turned up.

That Same night, we lost another mate dave, literally for a minute or two, and when we saw him we had some guy following us around, claiming to be daves ego. he was getting passers by to queue for photos getting crowds of people to cheer for dave.

honestly one of the best nights i had.

Last year we found ourselves penned into a corner at Arcardia when Fatboy Slim ws playing, we were considering bailing as it was so rammed when in ran a group of girls. One was looking decidedly uncomfortable and panic stricken.

She barged through us into the corner, up against a fence next to the bar and had an emergency, involuntary evacuation of her bowels, right there in fron of us. She got up (didn't wipe) and said to her friends...."Well, that's what you get if you take all your drugs at once!" then carried on into the night.

People canoeing past during one of the very wet years, who has the foresight to bring a canoe? I'm sure it was forecast sunshine as well...NFR NFC etc etc

I'd be so tempted to bring my kayak.

Even if it didn't rain, pack it full of booze (some more on the top) and just drag it. Best booze transport ever.

Shangri La in 2009, walking through the corridors, spot a gap in one of the walls about 3 foot high. Pop our head in and there's 4 kids about 12 years old having a rave in this tiny room - it must have been 6 x 6 and 3 foot high. There was music blasting from it as well. It was like something out of Twin Peaks. Still not sure if it was an actual part of Shangri La or not.

Saw a dj who after playing every record threw it into the crowd, then proceeded to pour lighter fluid on his decks set them on fire and smash them up as his finale. It was the panicked looks on security's faces that made it though.

about 4/5am Monday morning walking back to camp, some bloke ran up to me and my group, clearly on something. All of us were fairly sober not being able to face too much drink on the last night after a very mad weekend, and the man stops us and shouts "Do you lot want to party with me? I'm not ready to stop partying yet." Being defeated by glasto, we said told him we were heading to bed and sent him in the direction of the all night Silent Disco in Silvery Hayes. He grinned at us the biggest smile I have ever seen and staggered incredibly fast towards the disco.

Not so weird, but only at Glasto would a stranger want to party with you at 4am on a Monday morning :P

(83 days!!!!)

Walking through corridors of Naughty Corner in 2010 where I was stopped by a pretty lady at a stall who wanted to see if I had anything to barter. So I entered into the spirit but sadly it was very late in the day so didn't have much on me. So she suggested my hat to which I declined as that year was a scorcher so she suggested the socks i was wearing being the end of a very long day and my next stop was my tent I agreed without knowing what I was getting in return.

Only to be given this plastic bag full of coins as she said they would be of no use when we were all leaving earth (tying in to that years theme)

Wasn't till I got home and sorted through my bag dig I realise I was given about 30 which was appreciated when I went abroad

Last year we found ourselves penned into a corner at Arcardia when Fatboy Slim ws playing, we were considering bailing as it was so rammed when in ran a group of girls. One was looking decidedly uncomfortable and panic stricken.

She barged through us into the corner, up against a fence next to the bar and had an emergency, involuntary evacuation of her bowels, right there in fron of us. She got up (didn't wipe) and said to her friends...."Well, that's what you get if you take all your drugs at once!" then carried on into the night.

What DeadAmos said.

Any chance you can post the pic or a link to it

:ninja:

about 4/5am Monday morning walking back to camp, some bloke ran up to me and my group, clearly on something. All of us were fairly sober not being able to face too much drink on the last night after a very mad weekend, and the man stops us and shouts "Do you lot want to party with me? I'm not ready to stop partying yet." Being defeated by glasto, we said told him we were heading to bed and sent him in the direction of the all night Silent Disco in Silvery Hayes. He grinned at us the biggest smile I have ever seen and staggered incredibly fast towards the disco.

Not so weird, but only at Glasto would a stranger want to party with you at 4am on a Monday morning :P

(83 days!!!!)

This has just made me giddy with excitement! Ah it is such and amazing place isn't it?

One night 2008, my friend decided to take mdma with us for the first time. he was prancing around in a long dress, big beard and had long hair and to top it off a pair of marigolds. the reception he got was great, but there was a few hated it as it was sexist... haha. We then lost the guy, and after a long hunt we found him sat in his tent, wearing only a poncho playing/making noises on his recorder, and a big grin on his face when we turned up.

That Same night, we lost another mate dave, literally for a minute or two, and when we saw him we had some guy following us around, claiming to be daves ego. he was getting passers by to queue for photos getting crowds of people to cheer for dave.

honestly one of the best nights i had.

Hilarious, absolutely bloody hilarious!