Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

I always used to be baffled by that fellow who used to carry the massive wooden cross around with him everywhere.

he's probably dead now, sad really

I saw him - on the railway track. Also reminds me of the guy who stage invaded Stewart Lee dressed as Jesus and then stripped, leading to the classic deadpan Lee line: "Go on then Jesus, get your cock out."

2010 - sat around the hill near the Stone Circle, around midnight, some bloke dressed in a kind of lizard outfit, crawling around on all fours in a zig zag pattern, hissing and sticking his tongue out, then freezing right next to us, lifting one leg and arm up in the air (like a lizard on a hot surface!)……and then moving onto the next group of people sat around, doing exactly the same thing…..absolutely bizarre…..clearly on some very interesting buzz!

2010 - me and a couple of mates just taking a breather, grabbing some food not too far from the Pyramid, when slowly walking/staggering through the throng of people is this woman, practically naked apart from a Borat Mankini and some cowboy boots….its fair to say she was a big lass and the mankini could not 'contain' her!!!

2010 - sat around the hill near the Stone Circle, around midnight, some bloke dressed in a kind of lizard outfit, crawling around on all fours in a zig zag pattern, hissing and sticking his tongue out, then freezing right next to us, lifting one leg and arm up in the air (like a lizard on a hot surface!)and then moving onto the next group of people sat around, doing exactly the same thing..absolutely bizarre..clearly on some very interesting buzz!

2010 - me and a couple of mates just taking a breather, grabbing some food not too far from the Pyramid, when slowly walking/staggering through the throng of people is this woman, practically naked apart from a Borat Mankini and some cowboy boots.its fair to say she was a big lass and the mankini could not 'contain' her!!!

Maybe this lady was with the guys i mentioned above?! Must've been - same year!!!!

Fair to say I've seen quite a few odd and brilliant things at the 8 Glastonburys that I've been to; a few that I remember particularly vividly:

• Seeing a bloke in Jazz/World (now West Holts) flying his tent like it was a kite (that was at my first Glastonbury and has always stuck with me)
  • A very fun night spent in the Japanese karaoke bar in Shangri-La, which really did feel like being in a packed karaoke bar in the Far East (including the famous Japanese lager "Stella Artois"
  • Michael Eavis singing "Happy Birthday" with Stevie Wonder on the Pyramid Stage - he was bloody awful, but it was still a lovely moment

1. Woman masturbating on the bandstand
  2. naked pensioners riding bikes through the greenfields
  3. rollerskating hippies on acid at 5am
  4. when dressed in animal masks at fatboy slim we get a tap on the shoulder and someone says "You guys look ridiculous" when we turn we see him dressed as a giant crab
  5. Our group one year took 300 pairs of childrens sunglasses, very small ones, gave them out to everyone in the dance tent and told them their heads had grown

1. when dressed in animal masks at fatboy slim we get a tap on the shoulder and someone says "You guys look ridiculous" when we turn we see him dressed as a giant crab
  2. Our group one year took 300 pairs of childrens sunglasses, very small ones, gave them out to everyone in the dance tent and told them their heads had grown

LMFAO!!!!

The bloke pushing a pushchair in the opposite direction to most of the crowd walking the pathways, weaving it towards oncoming people thereby making them look down expecting a small child only to see a stuffed growling terrier. The look of realisation, shock or horror on peoples faces was just, well you know.

• Seeing a bloke in Jazz/World (now West Holts) flying his tent like it was a kite (that was at my first Glastonbury and has always stuck with me)

2004? That year was so windy, I didn't believe that I needed suncream, plus I'd just discovered Brothers Cider, so was rather belligerent when offered. Weeping sores on my head and a trip to the medical tent soon followed!

Saw a guy stumbling out a portaloo trousers and pants round his ankles on what we thought was a mobile phone as we walked closer we realised he was licking the portaloo door. We then walked further away quickly....

Last year on the Sunday we were walking along the path past where the Leftfield and Holts camping used to be and an older woman came past on a mobility scooter pissed out of her head. She kept veering off the path, a few passing blokes would drag her back onto the path and she's get another few yards then go off the path again. Watched her doing this for a while and she thought the whole thing was hilarious, she looked like she was having a ball.

Didn't someone drive an ice cream van through the crowd during SFA in the late ninetites? I remember seeing something like that.

1999, my first Glasto and I saw the ice cream van. A rather large bloke got on the top and called dibs and proceeded to chuck anyone who got on it off. The glasto urban legend that went round that year that it was Jarvis Cocker in the van and when he got across the crowd he proceeded to go into a small karaoke tent and sing "Saturday night" by Whigfield, someone got out of the van but we couldnt make out who it was.

A very inebriated fellow last year dipping his face into a well used urinal. Unintentionally I think, but it was very strange.

I also witnessed a bizarre 30 seconds at the Stone Circle. Two guys started to punch each other (properly), whilst they were doing so someone ran past them, tripped, then landed between a couple lying down on a blanket asleep (who soon woke up, startled at this guy lying between them), whilst at the same time a person 10 foot away fell off their camping chair, all whilst these two guys were windmilling at each other and someone was playing the bagpipes. It was sheer slapstick, especially as 30 seconds later it all stopped.

A very inebriated fellow last year dipping his face into a well used urinal. Unintentionally I think, but it was very strange.

I also witnessed a bizarre 30 seconds at the Stone Circle. Two guys started to punch each other (properly), whilst they were doing so someone ran past them, tripped, then landed between a couple lying down on a blanket asleep (who soon woke up, startled at this guy lying between them), whilst at the same time a person 10 foot away fell off their camping chair, all whilst these two guys were windmilling at each other and someone was playing the bagpipes. It was sheer slapstick, especially as 30 seconds later it all stopped.

That sounds like a good night at the stone circle.

I watched a completely wrecked bloke circling a bin trying to put a half eaten pizza in with his missus and young child looking on bewildered. Pissed myself