Weirdest thing you've seen at Glastonbury Festival?

Woffy

In 2014 I was in Bez's in the Unfairground after a long night of debauchery, I wasn't feeling great and slightly panic ridden when I turned around to see a bloke kneeled down against the side of the tent, I've never seen anyone's pupils so wide, his tongue was sticking out and he was stroking a balled up furry jacket in his hands, he looked just like a weird toad to me! I went and sat next to him, and offered him some water, without speaking a word we just sat there and shared a bottle of water, after a while I calmed down, shook his hand and was on my way haha. We must of looked a right pair sat in the corner of bez's completely monged! 

On 1 April 2016 at 11:37 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I have a mate who used to sit in his bay window pretending he was controlling the people walking past his window. I think if you combine that with your remote control unit then you've got the makings of a good bit of fancy dress - or the makings of a Restraining Order!

This reminded me of a non-Glastonbury but related incident.   We had day tickets to an awful local "festival" last year.  In the badly managed long entry queue my mate put her hand in her bag and pulled out a sky remote, in her rush to leave she'd grabbed it by mistake.

A few hours in I was ranting "this isn't a festival, it's an outdoor music event, nothing weird or fun is happening, like at Glastonbury" I had an idea "I'll show you what I mean, give me the remote" I started trying to control people and just got loads of wierd looks, and I frightened some teenagers (feel a bit bad about that tbh).  After about the 8th attempt I found a "normal" person to play along.

If there is a "weirdest thing you've seen at sundown thread" I guess I'm it for some people.  After reading this amazing thread I think that is a sad state of affairs.  I am so glad I'm going to Glastonbury this year where weird and wonderful happenings are everywhere.

On 18/05/2016 at 4:20 PM, The Clearest Blue said:

In 2014 I was in Bez's in the Unfairground after a long night of debauchery, I wasn't feeling great and slightly panic ridden when I turned around to see a bloke kneeled down against the side of the tent, I've never seen anyone's pupils so wide, his tongue was sticking out and he was stroking a balled up furry jacket in his hands, he looked just like a weird toad to me! I went and sat next to him, and offered him some water, without speaking a word we just sat there and shared a bottle of water, after a while I calmed down, shook his hand and was on my way haha. We must of looked a right pair sat in the corner of bez's completely monged! 

In Bez's place, you wouldn't have stood out at all.

On 18/05/2016 at 5:50 PM, Miesh said:

This reminded me of a non-Glastonbury but related incident.   We had day tickets to an awful local "festival" last year.  In the badly managed long entry queue my mate put her hand in her bag and pulled out a sky remote, in her rush to leave she'd grabbed it by mistake.

A few hours in I was ranting "this isn't a festival, it's an outdoor music event, nothing weird or fun is happening, like at Glastonbury" I had an idea "I'll show you what I mean, give me the remote" I started trying to control people and just got loads of wierd looks, and I frightened some teenagers (feel a bit bad about that tbh).  After about the 8th attempt I found a "normal" person to play along.

If there is a "weirdest thing you've seen at sundown thread" I guess I'm it for some people.  After reading this amazing thread I think that is a sad state of affairs.  I am so glad I'm going to Glastonbury this year where weird and wonderful happenings are everywhere.

An excellent use of the Sky remote given the prevailing circumstances. Really, quite remarkable.

I've just won some tickets to a festival next weekend and fear that it may be an event like the one you went to. I think that we are going to stand out like things that stand out a lot. I've got to go for it, bring the tv remote control from home with me to the festival and see if I can't use it wisely to detect the non believers.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

An excellent use of the Sky remote given the prevailing circumstances. Really, quite remarkable.

I've just won some tickets to a festival next weekend and fear that it may be an event like the one you went to. I think that we are going to stand out like things that stand out a lot. I've got to go for it, bring the tv remote control from home with me to the festival and see if I can't use it wisely to detect the non believers.

:D :D.  I hope you manage to make the best of it.  At least you haven't paid for the tickets. 

1 hour ago, pinkmolly226 said:

I could have sworn Keith Allen rode past me playing some sort of instrument on a unicycle last time I was there. It was about 10 in the morning as well. 

Somewhere way back at the start of this thread I posted an exactly similar tale but from 2013. WTAF?!

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Somewhere way back at the start of this thread I posted an exactly similar tale but from 2013. WTAF?!

Ha ha I apologise for not reading all the posts! It could have well been 2013, that was my last year there're. So I wasn't just off my face then? Maybe we passed each other that day?!

2 hours ago, MyTentOrYours said:

Last year i saw a guy bashing his beer can against a flag pole shouting "Shame" over and over. (in reference to Game of Thrones) haha

Also saw some guy (possibly the same) shouting 'shame' and ringing a bell...early hours along the railway line!

Not all that weird but two little moments that stand out for me:

- 2013 during a downpour on the Wednesday afternoon. Walking past Beat Hotel playing Will Smiths 'Summertime' with about 20 people hanging off the podium outside dancing and singing loudly in wellies and ponchos. Still puts a smile on my face when I hear that song.

2015 - Watching New York Brass Band when a very low jet of some sort roared across the crowd and as everyone is looking up at it some guy is throwing the horns up at it. Such a small gesture but really made me laugh.

Edited by Larraht

my mate met a guy one year who asked if he could stay in one of our tents, he was a nice lad . we were about take pity on him when he said he had been chasing the dragon and burnt his tent down.

he was ushered away swiftly

this was back in the early naughties

On 22/05/2016 at 8:13 PM, MyTentOrYours said:

Last year i saw a guy bashing his beer can against a flag pole shouting "Shame" over and over. (in reference to Game of Thrones) haha

Our tent was just off the path right at the bottom of kidney mead where it joins up with Williams green , shame was our saying of the weekend every time one of the girls in our group walked off to the toilets wed all stand up and start shouting shame and pointing, really funny especially when there's mushrooms involved 

• 3 years later...

Wouldn't know where to start...... but actually what was happening in 'Big Caravan' , watching it streamed live in the Church in LV at 3.00am probably takes the biscuit!

C4 were showing it live until about an hour before but realised that they absolutely had to cease and desist an put some old film on instead.