It's my first Glastonbury

Guest yalyal

hi, I'm going to glastonbury festival this year finally!

but i'm not british and do not live in UK so i don't have much information about glastonbury.

can u guys give me some tip?

I'm so worry about camping and tent. I DON'T KNOW how to pitch the TENT...

Taking Shower is impossible?

there is something i have to bring?

do i have to get challenge 21 wristband to buy alcohol at festival site?

Hey, you will have so much fun! My advice is don't worry too much, there's plenty of people camping near you that will help you pitch a tent if you're not able to practice first. Showers? There are some on site, but in my opinion you can manage without. Just use baby wipes and water, then if you need to wash your hair then leave a bottle of water out in the sun and wash hair in the late afternoon. You won't smell any worse than the people next to you I promise.

But...

Do bring...

Good footwear

Warm clothes for evnings

A big big smile

An open mind

And use...

The toilets (long drops are best)

The property lock ups for your passport, spare cash etc

And I guarantee you'll have fun! Hope to see you there xxx

I'm guessing that, in common with many people who arrive from overseas, the OP is going to pick up a tent in this country and won't get the chance to practice putting it up. In which case just ask those around you if they could help. That's one of the great things about Glastonbury - people have their happy heads on and are more willing to help out.

Besides the showers mentioned on Tort's FAQ there were also some in the Greenpeace area (I think - up around there somewhere anyway) last year. No idea whether they'll be there again this year though.

just about does it ...but i would add

dont over pack ..you WILL be walking alot

make sure you have some warm cloths for the nights as it can get cold

sun cream cos its gonna be hot in the day

no glass so decant any drink like vodka before you get there

and the 2 golden rules imo make friends with your neighbours and try and have a good time ......o 3rd rule dont leave any thing behind .

when and how are you getting there and are you going alone ??

The following may sound a bit negative but it's not meant to be. It's meant to let you know, so that you have the appropriate knowledge beforehand;

It's probably already mentioned on one of the links but just to re-enforce it - use the free lock ups to store all your valuables eg, your passport, your money etc. Unfortunately there are a few people who steal from other people's tents. It's far more unlikely to happen than happen but the lock ups give you peace of mind - especially at night when you are sleeping.

Don't be too scared of the toilets. Concentrate on the rest of the festival and all it's wonders and just get on with it when you have to go.

Talk to your neighbours, talk to anyone you feel like, wherever you are on the site.

Don't be daunted by the place and it's size. In connection with this, remember where you pitched your tent before you leave it to go off adventuring into the festival. Look for landmarks near your tent and the name of the field you are camping in. Then if you were to get lost later you'll just need to ask people where the name of your field is, so head there. Then use the landmarks you made a note of earlier to guide you to your tent.

Bring some sort of a camera, because you are going to want to look back at those photos over and over again.

Don't just attend the festival. Really see if you can get into it and feel the vibe.

You are going to have a great time. One which may make you return to the festival again, but at the very least will be a treasured moment for you in your life.

Oh, just remembered one more thing - bring a torch with you for use at night when you want to return to your tent.

all good advice hope it helps are you going on your own ???

and if so does any one know if theres going to be an efest camp that the lady could join and camp up with cos shes coming a bloody long way init old sons

Please don't buy a tent

Go to www.camplight.co.uk and book a pre-erected tent. They have solar showers and are in the main camping site in a prime location so you won't miss out on any of the experience, you'll get a better tent and no temptation to dump it at the end

Brace yourself :-D always so so jealous of first timers

Please don't buy a tent

Go to www.camplight.co.uk and book a pre-erected tent. They have solar showers and are in the main camping site in a prime location so you won't miss out on any of the experience, you'll get a better tent and no temptation to dump it at the end

Brace yourself :-D always so so jealous of first timers

1. Embrace every aspect of it and open your mind, its a magical and wonderful experience and it will change your life.

2. Be sensible where necessary (using lockups, etc).

3. Do not worry about toilets, etc. Everyone is in the same boat, it strangely becomes part of the fun/experience.

In my experience there is usually someone around that will help you with your tent if you're struggling - campsite stewards might even help if you're in a quieter site. (Ours were lovely in rivermead but we did feed them many burgers!)

Just make the most if it all. It's a great experience. Take precautions with money and valuables. Take warm night clothes it gets really cold at night (even if it's hot in the day)