Leaving and returning from Campervan field on Tuesday

Guest Ben Atkins

Hi all,

First year using the campervan fields this year and will be arriving on the Tuesday (12 seems to be the earliest allowed). I want to get in, get set up and then head into Glastonbury to visit sites, have a few ciders at the pubs etc and then watch the footie at 5pm.

Is it easy to leave the site once you in the campervan fields? I presume I will need to get a taxi to pick me up outside the main entrance?

Cheers

Cheers, so you would reccommend, walking as far as possible and getting picked up somewhere on the A361?

you'd probably need to walk out onto the main road on whichever side of the site you're in, yeah. Whether that main road would be the A361 nor not would depend if you were in the east or west campervan fields.

suggest you go for the West campervan fields if you want to do this. if you go in East van fields you have a mother of a walk back to the main road.

if you go in the West camper fields you are much closer to the A361 on the Glastonbury side of Pilton village. you are also much closer to the drop off point where you could probably grab a taxi going back to Glastonbury town after dropping off festival customers.

the other alternative of course is to pitch up at a campsite in Glastonbury itself for Tuesday night and then head over to the site early Wednesday morning.....Isle of Avalon camp site will be full of festie folks doing this.

suggest you go for the West campervan fields if you want to do this. if you go in East van fields you have a mother of a walk back to the main road.

if you go in the West camper fields you are much closer to the A361 on the Glastonbury side of Pilton village. you are also much closer to the drop off point where you could probably grab a taxi going back to Glastonbury town after dropping off festival customers.

the other alternative of course is to pitch up at a campsite in Glastonbury itself for Tuesday night and then head over to the site early Wednesday morning.....Isle of Avalon camp site will be full of festie folks doing this.