Camper ticket Help needed please?!?

Guest foolelle

I have a small problem that someone might be able to help with.

Myself and my brother are taking our dads campervan to glastonbury, but in haste we went and got 2 bus combo tickets in the early sale, both thinking that the other would book a normal ticket so they could drive the camper.

Thing is, I have just heard from the glasto office and they said that when we go to pay our balance we will not be offered the chance to buy a campervan ticket coz we're supposed to be in a bus and not driving, which leaves us with a problem - obviously.

They kindly have suggested that we get someone that we know going to buy the ticket for us when they are paying their balance, so we are both firing the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in this.

In return we would offer the person helping us a lift to and from glastonbury,(from ireland via rosslare) this would be cheaper than someone making their own way to the festival which is the benefit.

If anyone is interested please do pop a pm off to me, or any advice regarding the issue would be great also!!

Cheers

yeah, well kinda....

I know how un-green & un-glasto like etc that might seem, but I have been trying for tickets for a few years now with no luck except last year so I wasn't going to be taking any chances again. If it had of worked out as planned my brother wouldn't have done the same thing as me and got an early ticket, but we got our wires crossed and both ended up buying the early combo tickets, the plan was I would get the early ticket travel to the festival on the bus and meet him there, either of us dont have an issue traveling on the bus but coz we have 2 bus tickets we wont be eligible to purchase a van ticket.

I had a feeling this would be the case so when I found out my bro also got one I contacted the glasto office and they said that if someone else got a camper ticket for us at the balance payment time that would be no problem.

I'm not judging dude!

Right ok, with you now, though.

I personally don't need a lift, but your suggestion is reliant on you handing over credit card details. Not sure how it works paying the balance with one card and then getting a CV ticket with another.

Don't think it's insurmountable, but worth double-checking.

There's another thread somewhere about people swapping credit card details...have a look. If i find the link i'll post it.

I'm willing to help but you'll need to think through the logistics.

one thing the last 5 months has given me, apart from a shit attack everytime I think of it is the chance to figure the logistics.

Someone may be able to correct me on this but as far as I am aware you wont be able to buy the CV ticket on a different card to the festival ticket when paying your balance.

Obviously subject to whomever is helping us agreeing on this I was thinking the best way it could run would be....

Make initial contact etc, ask the person helping us to buy 1 x camper east ticket for us when they are paying their balance, once the transaction has been processed and the money debited from said helpers account, said helper would forward on a screen shot of the order details with the camper ticket on it and then I would send ticket price + postal cost etc via whatever means the the helper would like to receive it, paypal, bank transfer, cash in the post whatever!

I have a small problem that someone might be able to help with.

Myself and my brother are taking our dads campervan to glastonbury, but in haste we went and got 2 bus combo tickets in the early sale, both thinking that the other would book a normal ticket so they could drive the camper.

Thing is, I have just heard from the glasto office and they said that when we go to pay our balance we will not be offered the chance to buy a campervan ticket coz we're supposed to be in a bus and not driving, which leaves us with a problem - obviously.

They kindly have suggested that we get someone that we know going to buy the ticket for us when they are paying their balance, so we are both firing the feelers out to see if anyone would be interested in this.

In return we would offer the person helping us a lift to and from glastonbury,(from ireland via rosslare) this would be cheaper than someone making their own way to the festival which is the benefit.

If anyone is interested please do pop a pm off to me, or any advice regarding the issue would be great also!!

Cheers

Edited by StoneCircle

they did yes, but they said it would be ok for one of us to collect both tickets on the bus, but one of us will have to travel on it which is fine, the other person will need to give a letter saying that they have authorized the other person to collect their ticket, we can go one better and both of us can actually meet the driver.

they did yes, but they said it would be ok for one of us to collect both tickets on the bus, but one of us will have to travel on it which is fine, the other person will need to give a letter saying that they have authorized the other person to collect their ticket, we can go one better and both of us can actually meet the driver.

Edited by StoneCircle

are you sure? I didn't see that last year, or 2011. It came attached to the festival tickets but there was nothing to tie it to me. Jeffie, heh heh, you've got a walk on then.