The War on Drugs

chimpy

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to see the love for them...there was a page or so of posts on them on the "bands who you've never heard of...or who would play small stages thread" or whatever it's called thread.

i'm more of a Slave Ambient fan, but new record is great, and is growing on me all the time.

this Friday night in Brooklyn

Any extra tickets by any chance?

Just listened to the album, due to a combination of internet hype and pay day, I went out and bought it on expensive vinyl without having listened to the record first. After one listen I think it's a very nice record, all melodic and dreamy, but it never really hits any big heights, there's no point in the record where it made me sit up and listen. It's so far removed from what I usually listen to, it does have the ethereal qualities of a lot of shoegaze music I like, but it's a lot cleaner and lighter in sound, and intertwined with a lot of Americana, maybe it'll make more sense to me as I listen more, but first impressions are that it's no big deal.

album got to number 18 in the charts which is a pleasant surprise. i knew this album would get them noticed but i didn't realise they were so popular already

That's brilliant! Last one was number 130 or something I think, great to see them getting noticed

The Allied All-EFests Anti-Springsteen League will be somewhere between a rock and a hard place.

as in the crew that just knocked him off the Hurt/Heal headliner game...

I like Kurt Viles but this is far more focused.

By past precedence…(and these 3 are all of equal levels of prestige, right?)

2009: Neil Young + CSN on bill

2013: Stones + Billy Wyman on bill

2014: The War on Drugs + Kurt Vile appearing?

KV’s dates look unlikely – he’s in your neck on the woods in a few weeks’ time tho?

this actually made me think how many of similar double/related appearances like those above there's been at a Glasto over the recent decade or two...

Any extra tickets by any chance?

i didn't, but was able to get one quite easily

I walked by Adam Granduciel, who was relaxing on a bench w/ 2 or so others, outside a watering hole (Cubana Social) next door to venue that a lot of bands linger in pre-Music Hall of Williamsburg gigs, and had I had a few more drinks in me i might have violated his privacy and asked him "Neil wants to know if there's any chance he can put you down as an 'R', 'SR' or 'TBC' for Glasto this year?", but alas, only managed an acknowledging head nod