The War on Drugs

chimpy

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this spat has taken another amusing turn - Sun Kil Moon has now released a recording of himself laughingly reading out TWOD's quote about the affair over a blues lick, 'Adam Granofsky Blues':

http://sunkilmoon.com/agblues/

He's got major issues. Granofsky shouldnt have taken the bait like Nels Cline.

Seeing The War on Drugs in Iceland on Sunday. They're warming up for The Flaming Lips so should be a cracker!

holy shit that is some trip!

Iceland is one place I am desperate to go to, and that will be an incredible gig. The current flaming lips show is better than anything they've done in the last 10 years. Please give us a full review after

Iceland's an amazing country. Everyone is extremely cool and trendy but not in a w*nky stuck up Shoreditch/East London kind of way. I'd highly recommend it.

It's Iceland Airwave festival that I'm going to for the second time. Line up's always a bit obscure but they always have a few great acts and the Icelandic acts are either incredible or absolutely bonkers! It's kind of like Great Escape as it's based in 20/30 venues around Reykjavik that climaxes with a big gig on the last night. Last year was Kraftwerk, this year is the Lips and TWOD.

Will report back after!

Iceland's an amazing country. Everyone is extremely cool and trendy but not in a w*nky stuck up Shoreditch/East London kind of way. I'd highly recommend it.

It's Iceland Airwave festival that I'm going to for the second time. Line up's always a bit obscure but they always have a few great acts and the Icelandic acts are either incredible or absolutely bonkers! It's kind of like Great Escape as it's based in 20/30 venues around Reykjavik that climaxes with a big gig on the last night. Last year was Kraftwerk, this year is the Lips and TWOD.

Will report back after!

didnt portishead play that the other year? or it might have been ATP. Whatever it was, I was very tempted to go.

You lucky sod!

opening with abandoned hospital ship, random pre-soft bulletin songs, but best of all Steven on drums for certain songs. And the greatest version of feeling yourself disintegrate I've ever seen.

Wow, that does sound pretty bloomin' great.

As does that!

Ashamed to say I've still never seen The Flaming Lips live. That really has to be rectified asap.

One of my all time favourite gigs in a small enough venue in Dublin in 06. He gave a laser pen to everyone before the show

And then there was this

War on Drugs played the same venue earlier this year and were great. Sounded much better at Glasto though. They were loud on the Pyramid!

Edited by The Nal

Gah I was hoping for similar levels of loudness this wednesday when I see them.

They really were great at glastonbury.

oh and EOTR is ace!

He made some comment to the sound guy in Dublin at the end. They removed/added some effect or something and he shouted "finally". Sound was good. Just wasn't panoramic sparsely populated guitar solos shaking the fillings in your teeth Pyramid field good.

I'm not sure I heard sound that good anywhere else outside of the Glade all weekend to be honest.

They've really sorted out the sound on the Pyramid. Was way to "friendly" for years. I always preferred the Other Stage sound. But these guys and Metallica sounded the biz.

As did Dollys sax solo. An ear bleeder.

Edited by The Nal