The War on Drugs

chimpy

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this Sun Kil Moon / War On Drugs thing is hilarious. the song is utter drivel but the fact that he's taken it this far is just so weird that it's brilliant. can't help but think that he's using it as a huge publicity stunt for himself (when was the last time Sun Kil Moon were featured in the media this much!?) but it's funny all the same

I loved the Red House Painters and I've got a lot of time for Mark K, generally (was gutted he cancelled his EOTR appearance this summer), but Sun Kil Moon never really do it for me. That said, i quite like that War on Drugs song he's just done. I found myself humming it this morning.

Ironically, Sun Kil Moon is some of the whitest music that I've ever heard. Radiohead aside.

It really is yeah. Bermuda shorts and backwards cap, driving dads Prius with Stacey and Madison in the back seat down to the 7-Eleven in Santa Barbara to buy four bottles of Bud Light for your Saturday night party.

Edited by The Nal

• 4 weeks later...

I must admit I thought the album would get tedious over time, but I still really enjoy it.

I guess I am MOR at heart.

There's something about it that transcends its genre somehow. I didn't think it was my kind of thing either - I don't listen to Dire Straits or Bruce Springsteen - but I do listen to the latest couple of War On Drugs albums quite a lot.

I'll be there as well, I'm in the seating at the top of the Roundhouse, which I've never been in. I love the Roundhouse, but as a short-arse, I can never see anything in that venue, so this will be a pleasant change!

posh git! I'm in the scruffy standing bit with the proletariats.

I know what you mean though, you do have to work to find a decent spot there. Luckily I dont reckon this is a band that you need to be close to the front for.

posh git! I'm in the scruffy standing bit with the proletariats.

I know what you mean though, you do have to work to find a decent spot there. Luckily I dont reckon this is a band that you need to be close to the front for.

They were the only tickets left when I went to buy, it's not through choice! :D

FREE, only to a good home, for long term posters on here x 2 tickets for TWOD in Bristol on Thursday.

A bit gutted I now cannot go - I can send the e tickets by 1st class post tomorrow so they should be received in time. Please message me if you are interested.

Only x 2 catches

1. You must enjoy the gig

2. A donation to a Glastonbury charity - Greenpeace, Wateraid or Oxfam please