Day Tickets

Guest gleem

The announcement of day tickets going on sale so early in the year, Soni struggling with ticket sales again? Normally they hold off on the day tickets until about a month before hand, try and fill the festival with weekend ticket holders.....

Before anyone says it, i'm not Soni bashing, it's a great festival. Just concerned.

Most festivals do it so I doubt it will be due to poor sales and it is normally when day splits are announced. Some people could only like one day and with weekend tickets you are limited to camping space while with the day tickets you only have the arena size. Weekend tickets have been on sale for a while now.

I don't think Sonisphere tends to bring them out this early, which is what I think he means.

Not sure if it's due to flagging sales or anything - perhaps it's to get some sold before Metallica is announced at Worthy Farm - but I had expected it to sell out by now, personally. I know it might be asking a lot for the festival to sell out with the shaky couple of years it's had but those are blockbuster headliners and it's only a 60k capacity event; even less when you deduct staff and day tickets.

I don't think Sonisphere tends to bring them out this early, which is what I think he means.

Not sure if it's due to flagging sales or anything - perhaps it's to get some sold before Metallica is announced at Worthy Farm - but I had expected it to sell out by now, personally. I know it might be asking a lot for the festival to sell out with the shaky couple of years it's had but those are blockbuster headliners and it's only a 60k capacity event; even less when you deduct staff and day tickets.

Edited by kipper64

It's around 60k camping and around 65k arena capacity so regardless they have space for day tickets, believe they had an extended capacity which took it up to around 70k (Edit: for 2011 that is), so if that's the case this year that's around 10k tickets.

Deposit scheme is up 1st of April too, which I imagine a lot of people got involved with so if they were struggling I'd have thought they'd chuck day tickets on after deposit to maximize from that and see where they stand. And With Reading and Leeds having theres on and Download sticking day tickets out next week it makes sense to have them out too, otherwise they'd be missing out potentially to that crowd to Download

Sonisphere still sold out in 2011, increased their capacity and sold day tickets. So it won't be flagging sales or some other bollocks you're trying to make up about how Sonisphere will fail.

Metallica are still festival exclusives, not playing Glastonbury.

Edited by dentalplan

Yeah, to clarify, in previous years day tickets weren't available until much later in the year - i was just questioning why so early this year?

Don't think anyone is willing Soni to fail, it's a great festival, but i did wonder if day tickets being available so early meant they might have been struggling again. Hope not.

Yeah, to clarify, in previous years day tickets weren't available until much later in the year - i was just questioning why so early this year?

Don't think anyone is willing Soni to fail, it's a great festival, but i did wonder if day tickets being available so early meant they might have been struggling again. Hope not.

Nah their social media guy had a bit of a rant about that and said they only found out the headliner a "week odd ago" and the rest of the bill today. Do think it's just cause Reading and Download had there's on sale/were about to put there's on sale. No point in missing out on that audience, especially as they're shifting VIP day tickets for silly money.

A small one. I think Soni might put a bigger dent in BST's to be honest. They have been on sale for ages and I assume most people can't afford to go to both the same weekend and will just have to sulk through Friday. The day tickets for The Prodigy will take a bit of a hit, sure, but the likes of The Prodigy and Limp Bizkit up top perhaps won't be a big deal to metallers anyway so the market for The Prodigy could well be mostly intact.

Yeah I'd agree that BST is more likely to suffer due to Soni tickets having been on sale for some time now. Obviously there will be some people who still hadn't bought one and who will now choose BST but I think that'll be a relatively small amount.

Either way it's far from ideal for both of them, and I suspect should Soni be able to go ahead without Metallica next year sales may be slower as people wait to see if a similar situation happens again.

Was never said. Think they probably did approach Sabbath (as sabbath were being announced for fests at the same time) but reckon money was too much, and with having Metallica and Maiden in the bag earlier on probably would have stretched the budget too much and would have been 3 very similar headliners.

But aye I think Soni - seeing as deposits have now finished, day tix are on sale and all that will be quite a bit through their sales. Might effect day tickets but wont effect overall weekend tickets too much, for this year anyways. But might throw people off for next year. Bit miffed they've decided to clash them though, would love to see FNM for a 4th time, but not gonna go to the hassle of leaving knebworth on Friday for it...hopefully they announce their own dates.

Edited by kipper64

Was never said. Think they probably did approach Sabbath (as sabbath were being announced for fests at the same time) but reckon money was too much, and with having Metallica and Maiden in the bag earlier on probably would have stretched the budget too much and would have been 3 very similar headliners.

But aye I think Soni - seeing as deposits have now finished, day tix are on sale and all that will be quite a bit through their sales. Might effect day tickets but wont effect overall weekend tickets too much, for this year anyways. But might throw people off for next year. Bit miffed they've decided to clash them though, would love to see FNM for a 4th time, but not gonna go to the hassle of leaving knebworth on Friday for it...hopefully they announce their own dates.