Hotel near V Festival Hylands Park

Guest branvan

hi! i've been to many festivals in europe but never to an english festival. so i'd like to check that out in my old years ;-) the v festival line up looks good for me.

i'd be very happy if someone could answer my questions:

- flying to london and then by bus to the festival in chelmsford is an option, isn't it? or are there other possibilities to getting there? (we don't drive..)

- are there hotels or b&b near the festival in walking distance? or somewhere near easy to reach (by bus/taxi..)

thanks for help! :girlinlove:

Train from London is probably your best bet

Hotels tend to be fully booked quite early

The County hotel in Chelmsford is 2 minutes from the train station and 1 minute from the bus station. Shuttle buses run from there to hylands all weekend

The Miami is the nearest to the site, 15 min walk

The Ivy hill is a lovely hotel 45 min walk to the site but the promoters, maztec, book a lot of rooms every year

Plenty of others but these are the ones I've used. Always a good atmosphere in the hotel bars on a night when everyone comes back for a nightcap.

Always ring the hotels, they often have rooms when the website says they don't

Good luck

• 3 months later...