T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with the uninspired one here.

I'd be happy with any of those subs outside of The Vaccines, who I think are a bit shit, but they'd probably be worth the spot depending on how things go for them in the coming months. I'd be especially happy with Bruno Mars. Will he still be about though?

How about:

FRIDAY

Florence + The Machine or The Libertines or Kanye West

Emeli Sande

Lana Del Rey

David Guetta

Sigma

Duke Dumont

Royal Blood

Weezer

Enter Shikari

Jungle

SATURDAY

Calvin Harris

Muse

Two Door Cinema Club

Jessie J

Twin Atlantic

The Vaccines

Rita Ora

Fun.

Sam Smith

Oliver Heldens

Madeon

Feeder

Death From Above 1979

SUNDAY

Kasabian

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Maroon 5

Jamie T

Alt-J

The Script

Clean Bandit

Interpol

Nero or Justice

The Maccabees

SBTRKT

Idlewild

FKA Twigs

Just a collation of some of the ideas we've been coming up with.

I doubt they'll still be touring tbh, they've done festivals the last 2 years so unless they bring out another album 3 years touring the same album would be a bit much.

http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/80990

"record 7 coming soon"

looks like they'll be back sooner than you think so could be a likely candidate. i thought they'd headlined TITP before but looking through past lineups and it seems not, which is a surprise!

Edited by FloorFiller

For subs, I was thinking any from:

The Vaccines

Two Door Cinema Club

The Black Keys

Noel Gallagher

Bruno Mars

The Script

All of those could be R1 headliners as well.

I'd agree with the uninspired one here.

I'd be happy with any of those subs outside of The Vaccines, who I think are a bit shit, but they'd probably be worth the spot depending on how things go for them in the coming months. I'd be especially happy with Bruno Mars. Will he still be about though?

Not a fan if the vaccines either, but I think they will have a new album out by spring.

Bruno Mars' last album was what, 2012? So could be a new one out next year, just a random idea I had

I'd be absolutely delighted with Bruno Mars. He toured the last album for ages though. Can see a bit of time off.

new Bruno album was supposed to be in January although now this new track with Mark Ronson is coming out January and that will be huge so the album might have been pushed back

either way you'd be lucky to get him as a sub though..

Busting a gut to get from sun, sangria and piri piri chicken to get to a cold muddy field full of buckfast swilling neds? Doubt it.

Its not really "busting a gut" to get on a plane and fly over. Besides, its their job to get to a gig, play it and entertain the audience. I don't think they're going to factor in sangria when their could be a hefty pay cheaue coming their way from doing TitP

I know Black Keys did but I think T would be that bothered by booking the black keys as they would Muse, although T steers towards pop it still has guitar based bands and as Foo's can't doing its looking increasingly likely that Muse could take the spot in the last few years that the guitar based headliner has on the sunday. ala The Killers, AM