T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going up for the day instead of my usual full weekend this year,what are the security like for the folks with day tickets? More/less thorough than when arriving for the weekend? Not talking about sniffer dogs or anything, just trying to get some drink in.

A few years ago the security check on the day entrance was "do you have alcohol on you?". Might have tightened since then though.

Last year on the Saturday the day entrance security was mad. We were queued quite a bit back and then we were all herded into what I can only describe as "holding pens" prior to actually getting to the turnstyles. From there the checking was quite heavy, always remember what looked like a middle aged husband and wife arguing with the security as they took a tube of Pringles off him. I reckon we were queued for a good 30 odd mins at least waiting to get in, the worst I have seen it to get in since the old days when they queue used to snake halfway across the car park.

By contrast the Sunday was a breeze, they seemed to have removed the holding area and people just breezed through with minimal checks. 

Going up for the day instead of my usual full weekend this year,what are the security like for the folks with day tickets? More/less thorough than when arriving for the weekend? Not talking about sniffer dogs or anything, just trying to get some drink in.

On the subject of said dogs...has anyone ever been stopped by one? What exactly happens? Genuinely just curious, since they seem to be such a big source of apprehension. Is it a rubber gloves job or just a frisk to make sure you're not walking in with half of Columbia in your pockets?

On the subject of said dogs...has anyone ever been stopped by one? What exactly happens? Genuinely just curious, since they seem to be such a big source of apprehension. Is it a rubber gloves job or just a frisk to make sure you're not walking in with half of Columbia in your pockets?

When I arrived last year the dog on duty was too busy chasing a tennis ball around

When I arrived last year the dog on duty was too busy chasing a tennis ball around

That's his reward for finding drugs a few minutes earlier. If the dog picks up a scent it'll come and sit by you. I guess it's up to the handler what he does next. At worst they'll question you and go through everything till they find it with the help of the dog. If they find it you'll lose it and most likely be sent home. Some festivals have an amnesty bin which is funny cos the neds go fishing about in it :)

That's his reward for finding drugs a few minutes earlier. If the dog picks up a scent it'll come and sit by you. I guess it's up to the handler what he does next. At worst they'll question you and go through everything till they find it with the help of the dog. If they find it you'll lose it and most likely be sent home. Some festivals have an amnesty bin which is funny cos the neds go fishing about in it :)

Rockness had one and the exact thing your mentioning was happening. It's not a bad idea in a way. Always gonna be folk who see the dogs and security and sh**e themselves

Going by past experience with me up there the day gate is much more stricter than the camping gate. 5 years in a row I walked into the campsite with out getting searched. Just need to be smart with the dogs, you see it's handler walking one way you walk the other. From a distance of course.

I was stopped once going into the highland centre for Tiesto and put into a line for the dog to walk up and I know at least 4 of us in the line of 10 had something on us tied to our boxers and the dog missed it all. No sure if just pure luck or the dog was just there as a deterrent into making people think twice.