T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, on a longer note. Kasabian are the only ones who I'd say I'm pretty confident will be there next year. I'm also fully expecting a bigger slot for Vaccines, although not headline. Possibly headlining Radio 1 or subbing main. I also see that being the peak of their T future.

Coldplay seem like a pretty likely contender for one of the spots and you couldn't really argue that it would be a good booking. They shift tickets, they put on a really good show and provide that big vital festival point, the big sing-alongs. The third one is really one that I'm up in the air with as we have no idea what could come between now and then. Hell, might even get the Arcade Fire we were "definitely" getting this year.

Arcade Fire play the touring game very well, I think they will take a break next year.

At this point, Muse, Coldplay and Kasabian seem like a fair shout but to me that feels abit too strong. That's three of the UK's biggest bands in one weekend

I reckon one UK fest will snap one of them up on exclusive or something. Reading may even try for Coldplay next year.

Actually, on the mention of Oasis, Noel could feasibly headline on his own (or 'co-headline'...) would prefer him doing his own thing too. Expanding the last example...

Friday: Florence and the Machine (next in line for 'new' festival headliners, not many new ones out there outside maybe Foals, The Vaccines ship has sailed imo, plus, she sells shedloads)

Saturday: Kasabian/Noel Gallagher (Kasabian play in Calvins spot this year and Noel plays under one of the few acts he's ok to do so)

Sunday: Muse (Best of set, last few gigs have had seen them mix alot of older tracks in)

Undercard includes Jack White, The Black Keys, Avicii, The Vaccines, Lily Allen, Macklemore and Lewis

Edited by Chiefski

can not see oasis reuniting nevermind do a festival. id love it to be so as i missed out on their last tour but noel will not do it plus he has no need to as his band are doing better than liams.

i think kasabian are already pencilled in and were before the glastonbury announcement. coldplay are certainly a possible. what abour bruno mars? he could probably headline now.