T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard from pals up there, the long queues this afternoon were due to searching. They estimated that 80% of folk were getting searched which meant it was taking ages to get through. They are camped next to someone who got their tent stolen while they were being searched.

So the searches are going well then.

I always recommend getting a festival trolley, stacking your stuff on and securing it with the strong rope hooks but then layer around it with duck tape bottom to top and up and over, it's a pain getting off but they won't even try searching you. Got through Glasto 3 times, T and Creamfields using this method.

Annie Mac on 4:20pm-5:20pm tomorrow. Going off that, I'd hazard a guess at the rest of the times being:

5:50pm-6:50pm - Hozier

7:20pm-8:20pm - Rudimental

8:50pm-9:50pm - Sam Smith

10:20pm-11:50pm - Kasabian

Just roughly guessing but can't really see how else it could go?

Annie Mac on 4:20pm-5:20pm tomorrow. Going off that, I'd hazard a guess at the rest of the times being:

5:50pm-6:50pm - Hozier

7:20pm-8:20pm - Rudimental

8:50pm-9:50pm - Sam Smith

10:20pm-11:50pm - Kasabian

Just roughly guessing but can't really see how else it could go?

Have they not released the times yet for this year? 4:20pm for Annie Mac on the main stage will be shit, one thing that was rubbish at Creamfields was a DJ in broad daylight.

Have they not released the times yet for this year? 4:20pm for Annie Mac on the main stage will be shit, one thing that was rubbish at Creamfields was a DJ in broad daylight.

No official release of times (and there won't be) so you buy the lanyard on site. Annie Mac tweeted her stage time earlier today.

It will be a total diffrent set from the one she will play in slam on Saturday,looking forward to seeing her in there

How do they actually search you? If they unpack my bags they can bloody well repack them

Any way they want. From a casual frisk to having the contents of your rucksack (and anything else you're carrying) emptied out on the ground. 

If you're in a large group, go in separately in groups of 2 or 3. Much less likely to draw attention to yourself.

And if you're camping, be aware there will be plain-clothed DS there as well, and they'll be dressed just like any other festival-goer.

As we found out to our cost on the first night in 2003 at Balado.

Be *ahem* discreet. And you'll be fine.

No official release of times (and there won't be) so you buy the lanyard on site. Annie Mac tweeted her stage time earlier today.

Ah, the times did at least come out when I went, late on but they did.

It will be a total diffrent set from the one she will play in slam on Saturday,looking forward to seeing her in there

Oh I know but it'll probably be a D&B set in the Slam Tent.

It'll be 10 fold better tomorrow than it was today, the traffic and queing on the Friday is never a patch on the Thursday, there's a fraction of the people arriving

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the majority of the campers go up today with the rest arriving tomorrow. Today was the real test. I think it will be ok tomorrow and the congestion cleared before the day trippers start arriving in the afternoon.

And everyone who is getting off a bus car today is camping and has camping gear with them, plus all their other stuff, which has to be unloaded from buses.

Majority of people tomorrow and weekend will be non-campers who will just roll off buses quickly.

Any way they want. From a casual frisk to having the contents of your rucksack (and anything else you're carrying) emptied out on the ground.

If you're in a large group, go in separately in groups of 2 or 3. Much less likely to draw attention to yourself.

And if you're camping, be aware there will be plain-clothed DS there as well, and they'll be dressed just like any other festival-goer.

As we found out to our cost on the first night in 2003 at Balado.

Be *ahem* discreet. And you'll be fine.

We have nothing to hide so don't need to worry on that front. Just the packing took 40 mins just to get the pile on the bed into the bags. Was worse than tetris.

So if they unpack it they can repack.

My friend just text me saying there's hardly any room to camp.

Same thing happens every year. They'll no doubt open more campsites at about 9:30pm (which also happens every year). And then people will complain tomorrow about there being hardly any room to camp (which, alas, happens every year).

Same thing happens every year. They'll no doubt open more campsites at about 9:30pm (which also happens every year). And then people will complain tomorrow about there being hardly any room to camp (which, alas, happens every year).

Normally you turn up on Friday and at the very least the whole of Blue was always empty and you could pick your spot in there. They only have a relatively small amount of space left to open this year.

If this is a farce in terms of getting up there and then everyone is crammed in, then they will take a hit in ticket sales next year.

We have nothing to hide so don't need to worry on that front. Just the packing took 40 mins just to get the pile on the bed into the bags. Was worse than tetris.

So if they unpack it they can repack.

It sounds like Tetris in the campsite already. lol. Certainly different from Balado, space-wise.

If you've nothing to hide then you've nothing to fear. You'd be unpacking your gear shortly after getting in anyway.

If you're going by bus it doesn't really matter where you camp.

If you're taking a car or van, it's doesn't do any harm to be camped closer to them. You'd be surprised how handy it is.

The car parks will turn into mini-campsites sooner or later. Probably sooner. There will be tents up everywhere.

You'll be fine  :yahoo:

If it's open tonight fire a pic of the tenents arms up too mate

Friday

Eats Everything & Jasper James (21:30 - 23:15)

Dixon Avenue Basement Jams (20:00 - 21:30)

Denis Sulta (18:30 - 20:00)

Mia Dora (17:00 - 18:30)

Junior G (15:30 - 17:00)

Gary Hunter (14:00 - 15:30)

Night of The Jaguar (12:00 - 14:00)

Saturday

Sensu (21:00 - 23:15)

Bigfoot's Tea Party (19:30 - 21:00)

Sub Rosa (18:00 - 19:30)

Theo Kottis & Izzy Demzky (16:30 - 18:00)

Groovement (15:00 - 16:30)

Tricky (13:30 - 15:00)

Viciöus Créatures (12:00 - 13:30)

Sunday

Harri & Domenic (21:00 - 23:15)

Telford (19:30 - 21:00)

Hammer & Jubé (18:00 - 19:30)

Andrew Pirie & Simon Cordiner (16:30 - 18:00)

OOFT! (15:00 - 16:30)

David Barbarossa (13:30 - 15:00)

Joshua (Stay Fresh) (12:00 - 13:30)

Arrived yesterday. Can confirm the buses are a nightmare - left edinburgh at half 2, got off the bus at Strathallan at 6.

Campsite is pretty damn full. They were refusing to let people in to pink when I arrived because it was packed out. Have no idea if they opened up red or pink 3/4 last night.

Had some rain last night, so the grounds a bit wet. Wellies time I think.

Urinals aren't troughs this year, it's four pods all facing each other, so get ready for some awkward eye contact.

Otherwise, it's good to be back at TITP, looking forward to getting some breakfast in a bit, and seeing some cracking bands.

PS, our bus had what could have been an osprey painted on the side...

Arrived yesterday. Can confirm the buses are a nightmare - left edinburgh at half 2, got off the bus at Strathallan at 6.

Campsite is pretty damn full. They were refusing to let people in to pink when I arrived because it was packed out. Have no idea if they opened up red or pink 3/4 last night.

Had some rain last night, so the grounds a bit wet. Wellies time I think.

Urinals aren't troughs this year, it's four pods all facing each other, so get ready for some awkward eye contact.

Otherwise, it's good to be back at TITP, looking forward to getting some breakfast in a bit, and seeing some cracking bands.

PS, our bus had what could have been an osprey painted on the side...

How was the slam tent last night mate??