T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone used happy bus to get to the festival before? Would you recommend it?

I used it last year, its was ok, Most of the people on the but seemed to be totally pished underage's though.. It depends what driver you get, some let you smoke at the front of the bus and drink, usually is you chip in an extra quid or 2.

Not to scare you off, but I have heard a lot of stories about theft...

That dont scare me, done the general camping red 5 i think back in 05 and 6.

Is it just me or is Tangerine extremely expensive for what your getting?

It worked out cheaper than hiring the campervan, also ticket for camper field etc. Looking forward to some new experiences especially being at a new venue.

This thief stuff in Tangerine Fields is basically my time to bow out of going, as I was intending on using that.

We stayed in Tangerine Fields last year and didn't see or hear of any problems at all.

I thought it was great. No tent to pitch, lovely hot showers, really friendly staff but best of all, no litter.

The contrast when you came out of Tangerine Fields and walked through general camping to get to the arena was unbelievable.

This thief stuff in Tangerine Fields is basically my time to bow out of going, as I was intending on using that.

I used Tangerine fields in 2013 - and loved it, works out about £100 per person but I would def reccomend it, just for not having a tent to carry/pitch, getting a shower, being able to charge my phone, etc.

I never saw any trouble or heard of any thefts (first I heard of it was on this thread). Also it seemed much cleaner than the normal campsite. Possibly cus everyone has paid to stay there so take more care of the area.

First time I'll have been to T in the Park, and Scotland!

First time I've seen a festival where I actually want to see six bands/groups. Best line up I've seen in a long time.

I've only ever been to Leeds festival once before. I was seventeen at the time without a care in the world, and here I am 8 years later!, caring!

From what I've seen on T in the Parks website though is that you aren't allowed campfires, and only BBQ's in 'campsite fire lanes'.

I assume campsite fire lanes basically means that there is a designated area to take your BBQ and food to cook on your campsite?

And also that no campfires strictly means no campfires?

How safe are the lockers here? I've only really been to the one festival in my life, but having a locker with all your valuables in a few fields away does make you question (or at least me anyway).

Where is the safest place to camp here? When I were at Leeds it seemed logical to camp at the furthest campsite, I assume it's the same sort of thing? Quieter, less people walking through, safer?

Are locks on tents a good idea? I've heard from a lot of people, that a lock on a tent would make it look like there's something to keep safe inside, so anybody who wanted in the tent would slit there way in. And do you think it would be safer setting camp by a path or further away (more people walking past, more chance of people seeing someone acting suspiciously around a tent, or just more people to see that they're acting normally?).

I suppose they are the more generic festival questions I have to ask.

I know it's at a new venue this year, but some questions a bit more related to the site.

How are the none arena toilets? Or to reword that, you're not going to be queuing up in the midst of a beer shit in your campsite one morning are you?

How about the showers? When I went to Leeds I think I managed without one, but that was only because the ridiculous queues for the showers that I weren't prepared to queue up for.

Also, if the showers do have bad queues, are there better hours to go between?

Last question I can think of. Do they have a bus running to a local Tesco or anything throughout the day? That would be brilliant.

Lockers are very safe.

This is the 1st titp at strathallan mate so everyone's a bit in the dark too but yeh I wouldn't camp anywhere near the arena entrance further away the better.

Infact use tangerine fields tents already pitched for you and you get clean showers and toilets.

If not buy a refresh ticket,well worth the money.

Btw for your peace of mind regarding locks for yer tent camp near one of the watch towers,security are there 24/7.

Forgot to say last year there was a shuttle bus running from the campsite to Kinross think this year they will have one to Crieff or auchterarder.

If it's bevvy your after buy "be chilled" before you go,freezing cold magners and tenents and you don't need to bother carrying yer drink in with ye.