T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like a few of their songs but I wouldn't really say I was a fan and probably won't go see them if there's a decent alternative.

Having said that it's very refreshing to see T go completly left field from the type of headliner you would expect them to go for.

Just hope Pete can keep his shit together and doesn't pull out again.

It may be a generational thing (I'm 18) but I've never even heard of Libertines, any chance of someone telling me a few of their songs to look up?

Strange how it differs from person to person. I'm 19 and I'd say they're one of the most popular bands with people my age. Guess it also depends on what type of people you associate with, really.

Feel quite old for having folk on here not knowing who The Libertines are, whether it good or bad reasons, not sure if they are serious mind. It'll be much like The Stone Roses headline spot, questionable live, both with one and a half decent albums, but folk will go for that bit of nostalgia

I don't know two many of their songs, but I think it's a good choice on T's part. Not chasing to got with a spur of the moment Calvin Harris/Mumford/Rhianna act that the kids will enjoy, and pick an act more likely to be enjoyed by T veterans. Also, I'm 19 and definitely have heard of them. I feel sorry for the two posters above.

Strange how it differs from person to person. I'm 19 and I'd say they're one of the most popular bands with people my age. Guess it also depends on what type of people you associate with, really.

Exactly how I feel, I remember I first started getting into them when I was 13 and they were announced for reading the year after and I really wanted to go but couldn't convince anyone to come :(

so I ended up going in 2011 and enjoyed Muse :P lol I did a willecdote

It may be a generational thing (I'm 18) but I've never even heard of Libertines, any chance of someone telling me a few of their songs to look up?

Really? I'm 18 and they're really popular and lots of people I know like them. You should try out. Might be your new favourite band :)

Edited by justanothername

It happens every year and for lots of festivals but I still get that sense of "bloody hell" all the time. Still people are entitled to their opinions but my opinion will be that they're wrong and The Libertines will be great!

Exactly how I feel, I remember I first started getting into them when I was 13 and they were announced for reading the year after and I really wanted to go but couldn't convince anyone to come :(

so I ended up going in 2011 and enjoyed Muse :P lol I did a willecdote

I did similar in 2011 tbh. Wanted to go for Muse and The Strokes, but my friend who wanted to go wasn't allowed, so I just went on the separate days and met my brother's group there.

Not been on here in years just come on after seeing treding subjects on twitter, what a belting announcment. Twitter is hilarious, my fav so far is "I can just imagine every cheeky nandos c*nt going 'who's the libertines?'".

I find it mental people who are music fans and festival goers don't know who they are but I stopped going to T 5 years ago and the line ups gone right down the shiter.

I for 1 think it is an unbelievable line up! Such a massive band in there day and strong cult following! Whatever you think of the politics and pete you can deny there tallent, on a side note i was at bst at hyde park last year to see them what a night

Shes near enough topping every fest she is playing, she will be headlining a night if she is playing, more likely to than The Prodigy (yeah, I had to get that in there :P )

Quite like The Libertines announcement, saw what was left of them at T 2004, would be nice just for nostalgic reasons, need the rest of the lineup to tempt me though.

Not my cup of tea her screaching makes my ears bleed ;)