Set lists

PDAD

They perform the AM songs as good as any others; I didn't really get that post.

Tbh, I didn't think they performed that well at all really - the old songs sounded boring and the AM songs either sounded good or in the most part a bit flat (as in there wasn't much enthusiasm for them). I have heard hough that it was very different on the other Earls Court date but I just found the whole thing a little dull. Hoping to have my mind changed when I see them at Werchter though as I liked the new album and a lot of their older stuff quite a bit.

I think 505 just became overdone, as well as becoming an almost fear klaxon of the impending arrival of Miles Kane which you can't get away from.

Yeah true, 505 is far from a bad song I'm just bored of it. I don't like the fact they've stuck R U Mine as the proper closer though. Reckon Reckless Serenade would work well

Tbh, I didn't think they performed that well at all really - the old songs sounded boring and the AM songs either sounded good or in the most part a bit flat (as in there wasn't much enthusiasm for them). I have heard hough that it was very different on the other Earls Court date but I just found the whole thing a little dull. Hoping to have my mind changed when I see them at Werchter though as I liked the new album and a lot of their older stuff quite a bit.

Yeah in general they performed pretty poorly, but the AM songs were performed as well as anything; some of the songs are just pretty crap.

Apologies, I didn't realise you'd pointed it out, but it appears people don't know that, and the above posts about it, don't exactly seem complimentary, even though, as you say JCC just knows ;) .

I was just writing the next line of the poem. I've never heard the song before so I just assumed they'd plagiarized that line. Didn't realise they'd just put the poem to music if that's what they've done.

That poem used to be on the gcse English curriculum when I was at school, around 2000.

Edited by lightning1000

I was just writing the next line of the poem. I've never heard the song before so I just assumed they'd plagiarized that line. Didn't realise they'd just put the poem to music if that's what they've done.

That poem used to be on the gcse English curriculum when I was at school, around 2000.

Yeah they took the whole poem, added a few 'babes' in it and slowed the poem's tempo down loads.

Haha did it! That's so much better than the shite I had to read. Although widely acclaimed, I just don't like anything Seamus Heaney ever wrote, so studying it was a tedious task to say the least.

Yeah they took the whole poem, added a few 'babes' in it and slowed the poem's tempo down loads.

Haha did it! That's so much better than the shite I had to read. Although widely acclaimed, I just don't like anything Seamus Heaney ever wrote, so studying it was a tedious task to say the least.

Yeah, it was jcc, Carol Ann Duffy, Simon Hughes and Andrew Marvell for the classic.

That was nearly 15 years ago.

Seamus Heaney is great! What are you on about. Edited by justanothername

I think their musical version is much better than JCC's musical version but I think JCC was fucked over by Hannett at that point, and off his face.

Alex Turner discovered the poem through GCSE, 'cause of his teachers. He talks about it quite a lot in the BBC4 documentary about JCC, Evidently John Cooper Clarke.

And let's stop talking about Heaney, you don't want to dig yourselves any deeper!!111!!!11

I had to do Valentine by Carol-Ann Duffy and it fucking sucked.

I had to do that too - it was so shite.

I think their musical version is much better than JCC's musical version but I think JCC was fucked over by Hannett at that point, and off his face.

Alex Turner discovered the poem through GCSE, 'cause of his teachers. He talks about it quite a lot in the BBC4 documentary about JCC, Evidently John Cooper Clarke.

Really? I really like JCC's version, more so than Arctic Monkeys' but thats not to say I don't enjoy IWBY, because I really do.

N1PA with confetti.

That would be magic, thought they should have done that on the tour than use it on I wanna be yours.

The biggest gripe I got from the AM tour (glasgow) setlist is that they didn't play Kneesocks. Not really bothered about them dropping old tracks, a lot of them (505 especially) were starting to get tiring. Would like more Humbug tracks saying that, though I'm sure I'm in the minority there

• 4 weeks later...