Lock Up 2014

That stage gets the friendliest, most laid-back crowds at the festival.

This. All the nicest people I spoke to all weekend were at this stage.

Also did anyone on here in a neutral milk hotel t shirt talk to me (who was also wearing one) before letlive. Can't be that many NMH fans at reading not on here

Funny you should say that. Heard the exact same thing. Apparently they even struggled getting vendors at Leeds this year as a lot lost money last year.

I've been every year since 2007 and a lot of the vendors are the same that have been at Leeds for the past few years didn't seem to be doing too bad this year especially on the Sunday with big queues at most stalls.

I'm not sure of the exact numbers but i would guess that Leeds is selling around 85% of weekend tickets available (think capacity is around 80,000?) going off that all camp sites except Brown were full?

Eminem day last year and Arctic Monkey day this year were as busy as any day i can remember at the festival so no reason why they would even consider getting rid of Leeds unless they planned to make Reading a 120,000+ event?

I'm surprised some on here have said about the size of the crowds in the Lock-up this year. I thought there were better crowds than the last few years.

Wilhelm Scream had a small crowd but letlive., wonder Years, Marmozets(I think, I was chatting outside and I think it was them), Jimmy Eat World,Brody,Front Bottoms, Neck Deep, etc all got decent crowds.

I spent a lot of time around this area and although I cant speak for individual acts, there did seen to be a lot of people watching bands on there.

I think the fact that Jimmy Eat World and Brody Dalle had better crowds than Mongol Horde and Gorgol Bordillo is purely down to the fact that they didn't clash with the Headliners.(which proves that the organisers are right in closing the Lock Up early)

If anything, the stage that struggled in my opinion was the festival Republic stage.I cant speak with any authority on this as I only actually watched Band Of Skulls there but, as it was next to the Lock-up, I had to pass the FR tent to go to the toilet and bar and I often saw bands playing to way less than a half full tent.

If anything, the stage that struggled in my opinion was the festival Republic stage.I cant speak with any authority on this as I only actually watched Band Of Skulls there but, as it was next to the Lock-up, I had to pass the FR tent to go to the toilet and bar and I often saw bands playing to way less than a half full tent.

There were a few that packed it out who I saw, the orwells and catfish and the bottlemen but yeah it was quiet a lot of the time during the day. If anyone can find a picture of the crowd for sivu they'll see. That was the smallest crowd I saw all weekend including on the bbc introducing stage. However I think the fr tent was the same sort of crowds last year anyway

I wouldn't think they'd be so hasty to sell next year's Leeds tickets if they were already seriously considering scrapping it.

The end of the Lock Up was always nigh as soon as they introduced the Rock Stage. Fortunately they said while doing that stupid name change that it would only be a temporary name. Will probably be sponsored next year or something.

• Upvote 1