2014 Looking for an answer or advice

Guest ramragon

Here's the link for the shuttle bus, looks like it runs every half hour on Thurs an Fri from 9am.

Not sure if you can pay on the day or whether you buy a ticket up front, it's £10 per ticket and a bit of a booking fee

https://kendalcalling.ticketline.co.uk/order/tickets/13296752

Edited by ramragon

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the link for the shuttle bus, looks like it runs every half hour on Thurs an Fri from 9am.

Not sure if you can pay on the day or whether you buy a ticket up front, it's £10 per ticket and a bit of a booking fee

https://kendalcalling.ticketline.co.uk/order/tickets/13296752

its from 10am on thursday not the 9am they advertised...if they are selling them for £10 in advance you'll normally expect to pay £12-15 for a return on the day if you just show up at the train station

Hi, all,

First time at KC - having reviewed the information page on the website I have a couple of questions that more experienced forum members/KC attendees may be able to answer;

Taking drinks into the arena - will my 5 year old be able to take his own water bottle in? Could he take it in empty and have it filled with tap water inside or will we have to pay for plastic bottles?

Gas stoves - the list now states 150ml gas canisters - which you just can't buy (150ml is 88g, typical cans from a supermarket are 360ml/220g). Anyone ever have trouble taking disposable gas cans onto the site?

Thanks

Hi, all,

First time at KC - having reviewed the information page on the website I have a couple of questions that more experienced forum members/KC attendees may be able to answer;

Taking drinks into the arena - will my 5 year old be able to take his own water bottle in? Could he take it in empty and have it filled with tap water inside or will we have to pay for plastic bottles?

Gas stoves - the list now states 150ml gas canisters - which you just can't buy (150ml is 88g, typical cans from a supermarket are 360ml/220g). Anyone ever have trouble taking disposable gas cans onto the site?

Thanks

Hi, all,

Thanks

Sorry for repeat posts.

Question. We have live in vehicle ticket but pitch size means that we will only just fit caravan and car in but not awning. Awning good for dumping wet clothes etc. So i was wondering if we bought a car park ticket would we be able to pitch caravan then park car in car park and then we could fit awning in. Or would be not be able to because of way entrances are set up etc. We also seem to have emperors tickets (cant remember asking for those) and that area also has car park?

Sorry for repeat posts.

Question. We have live in vehicle ticket but pitch size means that we will only just fit caravan and car in but not awning. Awning good for dumping wet clothes etc. So i was wondering if we bought a car park ticket would we be able to pitch caravan then park car in car park and then we could fit awning in. Or would be not be able to because of way entrances are set up etc. We also seem to have emperors tickets (cant remember asking for those) and that area also has car park?

Honestly don't worry about it, we didn't take an awning for that reason last year and I think we were the only ones in the field without one ! The spaces were well marked out last year and you got around 4 times your caravan space for a standard sized caravan. So you had caravan with awning, space for car in front and a bit of space to sit out. The field wasn't rammed and it's in the same place this year so I see no reason why they'd change it

I've got a couple of mates who aren't turning iup 'till late on Friday due to a wedding. We're pitching their tent for them, and they're bringing our booze up in return. The plan is for them to come in and watch Suede and then for us all to go and unload his car and show him the way to the tents etc.

Question is this: What's the score with pass outs and being allowed outside the festival grounds into the car park to accomplish this?

Cheers!

Do you get a stamp on your wrist or a pass out ticket?

Nice one!

You didnt get either in the past, you just have your wrist band. Getting back in wasnt a problem, we did this a few times over the last few years. They are a bit funny with booze sometimes on return trips, but we (touch wood) have never had any problems!

I am desperate to get ticket for 2 adults and a teen but cant seem to find a teen ticket on ebay. Have found a website priorityeventsales.com who have tickets but not sure if its safe/authentic. Has anyone bought tickets from them before or used the site?

Hi

I have Thursday tickets and then emperor field for camping does anyone know what time we can get onto the camp site on Thursday? There doesn't seem to be any info regarding this just times for the main days. I have seen that we can get into the area where Craig Charles is playing at 5pm but wondered about the camp-site. Thanks Deb

They do a lanyard at the festival with all the stage times and line ups on, it'll set you back around £5 but at least it should be accurate

Last year or the year before the site map on the lanyard was completely wrong, like a mirror image of the actual layout. Several vodkas later it did begin to make more sense though, fortunately.