2014 Looking for an answer or advice

Guest ramragon

I suppose after how well used last years thread was its probably time to start one for this year.

With there being loads of new people on here if anyone has any questions they wanna ask about Kendal Calling or needs some advice or clarification on something then fire away. It doesn't matter how trivial you think the question is im sure you'll get a response. Nobody on here works for the festival so the answers you'll get are based on our experiences going to it over past years.

Lochland, unfortunately I'm unable to answer questions on your anal warts or piles that you plagued us with last year !

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pure laziness on my behalf as i could just try on the ticket site but do you know if i can get an under 10s ticket on its own or will it tell me i have to buy an adult ticket to accompany them?

Already got my two adult tickets but change of plans means we will probably be bringing the daughter along this year now.

You should be able to order it as you have to pay postage on the ticket so it will go through as a transaction even though the tickets free. If you have troubles I would call whoever you ordered your tickets through and they should be able to add one on to your delivery easily enough.

Hi Ramragon. Long time listener, first time caller. A mate of mine tells me if you want to wipe your bum on a swan's neck, you have to take your own. Could you tell me, does that apply to Emperor's Fields as well? And one other question...Lancashire Hotpots, why?

If using a swans neck then make sure the beak is facing away from you at the time.

as for hotpots, it seems strange asking why when you openly admit the album "accidently" made it way on to your ipod. They're appearing....deal with it ! ...... and delete the album off your ipod !

Do they do organised coach transport from the midlands, biggreencoach or something similar?

there's no organised busses from around the country, they recommend train to penrith and then they provide a free shuttle bus service to the festival from the train station.

Do they do organised coach transport from the midlands, biggreencoach or something similar?

We did it on the train from Brum for a couple of years and it was OK. Then about £20 in a taxi to the site. More of a ballache on the way back obviously. When we came down there wasnt any shuttle buses on the Thursday, dunno if thats different now.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Can't imagine it as scary as the one at t, although I've never been to t or entered the dance tent at KC the general atmosphere usually seems to be pretty fun around the site. I've been around the site when the main stage closed and never felt intimidated .

Would imagine you'll find it a lot more welcoming !

that's probably no use to you, but im sure there's a few on here who do the dance tents that could answer that, the old farts will sit this one out !

Really boring question...but

What're the toilets like?

How long are the queues?

I've looked around the forum and seen Pootopia mentioned a lot. I have Crohn's disease and will be skint by the end of the weekend if I have to keep paying £2 to use them!

I've had a look on their website and there isn't much about accessible toilets either. Just that there will be one of the viewing platform.

Really boring question...but

What're the toilets like?

How long are the queues?

I've looked around the forum and seen Pootopia mentioned a lot. I have Crohn's disease and will be skint by the end of the weekend if I have to keep paying £2 to use them!

I've had a look on their website and there isn't much about accessible toilets either. Just that there will be one of the viewing platform.

Pootopia was free in all campsites last year and I'd expect it to be the same this year. They have had problems in the past (particularly in 2012) but I thought last year was, in the main, okay. Not sure about accessible toilets in the arena but there is a dedicated campsite. It would make sense if they were by the viewing platform.

Pootopia was free in all campsites last year and I'd expect it to be the same this year. They have had problems in the past (particularly in 2012) but I thought last year was, in the main, okay. Not sure about accessible toilets in the arena but there is a dedicated campsite. It would make sense if they were by the viewing platform.

I don't think I can (or even should be) allowed in an accessible camp site as I'm physically mobile.

I'm assuming there won't be accessible toilets in the general camp site.

I'm usually allowed to use disabled loos as I more I need the space (and access to a close-by sink) to change/clean appliances.

I've mailed the access guys so hopefully they can give me some advice. I'll be gutted if I can't use them, this is the first time I've been well enough to go to a festival for a few years and was really looking forward to it!

The ticket prices differ depending on age and if you want to camp in a luxury package with tent included. The basic ticket is all you need for access to the festival from Friday to monday, you can pay a little extra and get a Thursday ticket if you want to gain access to the site on Thursday.

I don't think I can (or even should be) allowed in an accessible camp site as I'm physically mobile.

I'm assuming there won't be accessible toilets in the general camp site.

I'm usually allowed to use disabled loos as I more I need the space (and access to a close-by sink) to change/clean appliances.

I've mailed the access guys so hopefully they can give me some advice. I'll be gutted if I can't use them, this is the first time I've been well enough to go to a festival for a few years and was really looking forward to it!

I'm sure the team will get back to you with their suggestions, in the past if you had a blue badge on the car you could gain access to the accessible camping area, pretty sure you had to contact the team before hand so they could determine how large an area to fence off.

Just because you're mobile it shouldn't stop you gaining access if that's what you need.

I'm sure the team will get back to you with their suggestions, in the past if you had a blue badge on the car you could gain access to the accessible camping area, pretty sure you had to contact the team before hand so they could determine how large an area to fence off.

Just because you're mobile it shouldn't stop you gaining access if that's what you need.

I was just thinking I shouldn't be using space I don''t need, but after reading some historical space, I don't think camping is quite as cramped as festivals I've been to in the past! Cheers for the reassurance :)

• 3 weeks later...

Do we know what stage Happy Mondays are on ? Seen talk of them headlining the dance but surely they should be up there on the main ? It could be a car crash but for me it`s well worth the risk. They have the tunes and would be perfect before Frank ! Some would say they might pull a bigger crowd.

Does the kidz area have football nets or is it just the big wheel type fairground stuff ? I`m looking at coming down on Thursday and the Mrs won`t be down till Saturday so looking to keep the kids amused for an hour or two in the mornings. If no nets is there room to get the jackets down for a kick about ?

Does the kidz area have football nets or is it just the big wheel type fairground stuff ? I`m looking at coming down on Thursday and the Mrs won`t be down till Saturday so looking to keep the kids amused for an hour or two in the mornings. If no nets is there room to get the jackets down for a kick about ?

The big wheel and swings are in the main arena. No nets there but could probably find a spot earlier in the day to have a kick around. There isn't that much level ground but there is usually plenty of room up by the woodlands. Not sure what security would think. There was a cricket match in front of the main stage before Frank Turner a couple of years back. That went down well. Lots of people joined in with those on the hill cheering on. Otherwise, the family camping had loads of room last year. Not sure if it will be the same layout this year.