last headliner...

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they're doing it as a favour for the Jodrell gig and the Jodrell live cd/dvd I just can't see it being elbow.

A majority of the top 3 main stage acts Are usually bands you'd expect to see at academy size gigs, 2k to 3k capacity which seems traditionally to be in KCs price range, you're talking a massive leap in size to play and sell out arena gigs of 12k to 15 capacity. I know they're playing a few smaller venues at the start of their tour but they're just warm up gigs to tighten the show up before they hit the arenas.

I'm not saying it won't happen, I'd just be amazed if it did, plus it would be by far the biggest headliner they've attracted. Everyone's been carried away before over the last few years with predictions of who's playing and then you get confirmations of the charlatans and frank turner !

I think it will be a decent announcement, maybes an unusual one that isn't on announcement none else's line ups yet. Can't see the announcement taking that long now, they'll want someone to start and push ticket sales again

Its virtually the same line-up apart from Y-Not hasn't got De La Soul. Don't think Kendal would get away with having Dizzee again (even given how well his sets go down). And White Lies ain't big enough to headline (wouldn't rule them out of doing a sub-headline slot though)