GODIVA 2014

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They say they considered not holding the event as Coventry council has had financial issues, but it brings money and people into the area, they expect a bigger crowd this year, however Sonisphere is on this weekend which wasn't up against it before and Wireless is on this weekend too, with the newly added Birmingham site. So thats a festival against it for people travelling from south of Coventry and north of Coventry.

It may have a knock on effect, it may not.

Who would you like added to this dude?

A classic indie line up would be ace.

Mondays are a great shout for Godiva, well pleased, but they have been hit and miss for me, seen them a few times, some good gigs, 2 awful ones - does however have the potential to be awesome. Maximo last year were great, felt the vibe and energy was brilliant too, much better than past years. Hopefully more of the same this year.

As for other bands - classic indie would be a lovely treat, get some shed 7 on there. ace. When is the rest of the line up announced?

Nah you can drink beer wherever now.

I remember years ago you could take your own beer in, but they stopped that as they said there was too much underage drinking. Probably was part of the reason, Id suggest it was also so they could make more money from selling beer on site, which I have no problem with, after all its a free festival, they have to make money somehow for it to continue.

Last year they had an onsite Nando's even. Which shocked me that more festivals don't have it.

Shed Seven would be a fantastic addition and so would We Are Scientists if they're in UK at the time.

I can see Magic Numbers playing, think they headlined years back didn't they?

Nah you can drink beer wherever now.

I remember years ago you could take your own beer in, but they stopped that as they said there was too much underage drinking. Probably was part of the reason, Id suggest it was also so they could make more money from selling beer on site, which I have no problem with, after all its a free festival, they have to make money somehow for it to continue.

Last year they had an onsite Nando's even. Which shocked me that more festivals don't have it.

Shed Seven would be a fantastic addition and so would We Are Scientists if they're in UK at the time.

I can see Magic Numbers playing, think they headlined years back didn't they?

Edited by Flaminglippy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im sure there are some more. Or have been more, Villa Park has held a free festival for the past two years over a weekend, Saturday and Sunday.

Im not sure if its running this year

This was the line up in 2012

Saturday, June 16 - 11-11.20am: The Culture; 11.40am-12noon: The Bluebeat Arkestra; 12.15-12.45pm: Kit Reveal; 12.55-1.20pm: Dakota Beats; 1.35-2.05pm: Swim Deep; 2.15 -2.45pm: Kit Reveal; 3-4pm: The Lines.

Sunday, June 17 - 11-11.20am: Stubblemelt; 11.35-11.55am: Deception’s Pocket; 12.15-12.45pm: Kit Reveal; 1.10-1.30pm: Joyous; 1.45-2.05pm: Vows; 2.15-2.45pm: Paradise Forum; 3-3.25pm: Soldier; 3.35-4pm: Taking Hayley.

And in 2013

0,,10265~11924544,00.jpg