With prince out of the equation, who's left?

Guest GeoHall

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find that quite weird, as i (and a few others on here i think) thought it made sense that they headline Other - tends to have a few of the 'heavier' / un-Glasto bands on it anyway, and wouldn't 'upset' the regulars as much, so Metallica originally being planned for Pyramid is odd as it totally goes against that. of course that was all just speculation - they are of course a headliner so it makes sense that they were approached as such.

what do you think happened there for them to seemingly move down to Other? Glastonbury's hope of Prince? or Sonisphere already having 'exclusivity'?

I find it a bit weird too, but that's what I heard via one route, along with them moving to Other as a result of their Soni show.

Michael's made a few comments in recent years that suggest he's noted people often asking for some heavier bands, so perhaps that's why they went to Metallica.

Was pretty excited about the prospect of headlining the Other than I am the Pyramid.

Having said that, I've seen Metallica headline Reading twice and were superb both times. Not into them at all nowadays, but think they would put on a good enough performance to hold the crowds attention

this is all rather exciting. last year the three headliners were all known pretty early on (despite people refusing to believe one of them was Mumfords) so i'm enjoying that one of this years' has a massive question mark over it (especially as the other two came to fruition pretty early on) and that all the possible acts we had seem to be getting knocked down one by one

When Kylie pulled out in 2005 as headliner they had a last minute scramble for a great headliner and got......Basement Jaxx. People hoping for a great act might be disappointed.

As interesting as Metallica are I don't think they are headliners. It's Glastonbury not Download

New album out in May - seeming might actually be a possibility as surely will be touring on the back of it around June. I know might seem early after 2011 but look at The Killers at V - headlined 2012 and now again in 2014 (god knows why they are still considered headline material)

Edited by FloorFiller