Beck

The 38 year old virgin

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

where does that leave Ellie though? him subbing Coldplay makes even less sense than being on third - i doubt there's a big crossover between Beck and Coldplay fans, and i doubt he's a big enough pull to get a decent crowd at that time either, or am i totally underestimating his appeal these days?

It'd leave her third down the same day. Bear in mind that she hasn't actually been a sub at a major UK festie yet and we were just anticipating it.

And I know I've dismissed how much the poster has to do with placings before but Beck does seem prominently there and the explanation to him subbing would probably be at the request of a headliner, like when Weller or Primal Scream subheadlined. Could be bollocks though - maybe Coldplay hate Beck.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It'd leave her third down the same day. Bear in mind that she hasn't actually been a sub at a major UK festie yet and we were just anticipating it.

And I know I've dismissed how much the poster has to do with placings before but Beck does seem prominently there and the explanation to him subbing would probably be at the request of a headliner, like when Weller or Primal Scream subheadlined. Could be bollocks though - maybe Coldplay hate Beck.

aye the poster placing is weird, but if we're to assume Disclosure are Adele's sub then surely Beck being so high up doesn't mean that much at all, as well as D'Angelo being in between the subs when he was on the poster despite him subbing not at all being a possibility

Just now, kingcrawler said:

...but all that said, christ

• 1 month later...

Yo I just stumbled upon a Beck theory on another thread that kinda got buried but I wanna discuss.

So, it was widely gauged from the poster that Beck would be a high Pyramid act because he's amongst loads of other high Pyramid acts and Other headline acts. D'Angelo was briefly inserted above him on the poster and he's assumed to be the West Holts headliner that bolted, ergo not all those acts are Pyramid and we can resume predicting Beck for a glorious headline slot somewhere or maybe just an Other Stage slot that'll help avoid clashes. Could still be Pyramid but just a thought.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yo I just stumbled upon a Beck theory on another thread that kinda got buried but I wanna discuss.

So, it was widely gauged from the poster that Beck would be a high Pyramid act because he's amongst loads of other high Pyramid acts and Other headline acts. D'Angelo was briefly inserted above him on the poster and he's assumed to be the West Holts headliner that bolted, ergo not all those acts are Pyramid and we can resume predicting Beck for a glorious headline slot somewhere or maybe just an Other Stage slot that'll help avoid clashes. Could still be Pyramid but just a thought.

yeah tbh i've been thinking for a while that he may well not end up as high as we're all predicting. couldn't fathom where he would end up seeing as most of the high Other slots seem to be taken, and i just don't want him doing something like headlining JP as it'd mean i missed him, but like you i wouldn't be so certain that he's high Pyramid - he's just not that popular these days 

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I had him down as Pyramid just as he seemed to make most sense as 3rd Pyramdid/sub Other to me, but as I can't see who could take that Friday JP headline slot now I guess that could be an option.

Sunday JP headline slot is possible too. Tho I can't keep up with whether I want that or not with all the shifting pieces on this line up.

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's  maybe even the Friday headliner on West Holts.

christ i hope not. remove one awful clash - add in another. would be an amazing WH headliner but for the sake of my sanity, i'd rather he just play a very slightly less spectacular slot on the Pyramid

Beck is 1 artist that could go on so many different stages at so many different times of day. Pyramid, Other, JP, Park or West Holt's are all possible stages he could play. One thing is for sure I'm anxiously looking forward to the stage splits. The line up is too hard to guess where acts might be playing.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When is the Beckster giving us dat album doe? Haven't actually got that much motivation to see him again unless there's a new album but I just assumed there would be one. If it's more like Dreams (if anyone remembers that far back!) then it'd go off on the WH.

was originally supposed to be released the same year as Morning Phase wasn't it? seem to be a fair few high up acts on this years lineup who are seemingly new albumless, unless they're all planning on dropping them out of nowhere in the next couple of weeks. Beck obviously has enough material and hasn't played the festival in long enough for it to be a bit of a non-issue, but the likes of TDCC and Bastille having nothing new is weird

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

christ i hope not. remove one awful clash - add in another. would be an amazing WH headliner but for the sake of my sanity, i'd rather he just play a very slightly less spectacular slot on the Pyramid

My 2 must sees are Beck and ZZ Top. I'd already given up Sigur Ros and Underworld to see Carl Cox.

If there is a Beck v Carl Cox clash I will  be gutted. Ill be at Beck, probably on my own. If Carl Cox is later - its doable, but I expect the glade would be too rammed for me to get there.

Beck should be doing Sunday WH. Nothing would make me happier line up wise.