I like Beck, but I'm actually more excited about Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs playing. Is there any more evidence that he will other than that tweet?

He's played the last two fests so throw that tweet in and I'd say he's pretty likely

It's just one of those things that it's up to you how much you make of it. I think he's just heard a rumour really, eg. 6music presenters going on about Prince.

I was going to make some smart arse comment about that being one hell of a stop off given that his European dates are all currently in August/September, but I see this prick is now too cool to put his tour dates on his website for me to check.

Beercan was a good song though.

"Prick"? Unlike you.

not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Beck's just announced an American tour and it falls over Glastonbury weekend, so TEED was talking nonsense

not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but Beck's just announced an American tour and it falls over Glastonbury weekend, so TEED was talking nonsense

:(

Festival number 6 it is then!

His new album is ace! I've hardly touched his previous stuff other than some singles and Midnite Vultures when he turned into some Prince x Scientology Tom Jones gadge.

Granted, his profile's recieved a wee boost recently, but the album's not been a big seller and over the last 15 years or so he's released a slew of albums that have done commercial nosedives. I suppose he could sub the Other Stage, but prior to the Kanye stage invasion he wouldn't have been playing a massively high profile slot, I don't think.

By way of comparison, the last time I saw him live he played the Glasgow Academy and there were still tickets on the door. The last act I saw there were The Decemberists and I'll weigh in for SFA as well, but I don't see either of them as Other headliner- size acts.

Granted, his profile's recieved a wee boost recently, but the album's not been a big seller and over the last 15 years or so he's released a slew of albums that have done commercial nosedives. I suppose he could sub the Other Stage, but prior to the Kanye stage invasion he wouldn't have been playing a massively high profile slot, I don't think.

True. Kanye is great for publicity.

Actually wasn't mad on his latest. Last album I really liked was Sea Change.