Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fancy going to Weston on Sunday, how much do you reckon they'll be touting for?

I'm only interested in seeing Kasabian. I reckon 70 quid should be easy to find. I'm hoping I'll be able to find another way in or maybe get some early leavers wrist band. If the weather does go poor it should make things easy.

p.s don;t dive in and buy off the touts, you'll get ripped off. have a mooch.

Edited by Mr Nasty

I'm only interested in seeing Kasabian. I reckon 70 quid should be easy to find. I'm hoping I'll be able to find another way in or maybe get some early leavers wrist band. If the weather does go poor it should make things easy.

p.s don;t dive in and buy off the touts, you'll get ripped off. have a mooch.

I only want to see Kasabian really but wouldn't mind seeing James Bay & Hozier as I quite like a few of there's but wouldn't necessarily pay to see them in their own right.

I only want to see Kasabian really but wouldn't mind seeing James Bay & Hozier as I quite like a few of there's but wouldn't necessarily pay to see them in their own right.

Wasn't a kasabian fan until I saw them at hylands last night.They were immense, great atmosphere, brilliant set , hope you manage to get tickets for today

Only went for one day this year, despite being normally a regular. Feel the festival has lost it completely now after slipping over the years, with the only decent crowd that I was in being Kasabian. There is just a lack of big names across the bill, there used to be such a variety of acts, but it was all focused on dance and charts this year. Hopefully the lower numbers and the lack of atmosphere will change their attitude.

However Kasabian performed really well, got the crowd going, any idea of when the tv highlights will be?

Edited by Jcatley

Only went for one day this year, despite being normally a regular. Feel the festival has lost it completely now after slipping over the years, with the only decent crowd that I was in being Kasabian. There is just a lack of big names across the bill, there used to be such a variety of acts, but it was all focused on dance and charts this year. Hopefully the lower numbers and the lack of atmosphere will change their attitude.

However Kasabian performed really well, got the crowd going, any idea of when the tv highlights will be?

12th and 13th of September I think, thats what the V Website says. Early bird tickets save £42 over the weekend for next year, £21 per day because its the 21st V. Tickets go on sale at 9.21 on the 28th, seems like they will do anything they can which would involve '21'

Had the offer of a cheap Weston ticket but didn't take it up due to the weather. Live not far from the site ands it's been two wet days - hope those camping had an ok day

Mate who went said he felt Weston was about 15,000 down on capacity so maybe not quite the ticket disaster it seemed at first - although not sure how that impacts on financial viability of the festival

His general sum up was it was an ok weekend. Much younger crowd which probably reflected the line up. Food and drink ok but nothing special. Felt site was smaller than in the past but wasn't 100% sure

Be interesting to hear more from those that went

Edited by phil the shrew

12th and 13th of September I think, thats what the V Website says. Early bird tickets save £42 over the weekend for next year, £21 per day because its the 21st V. Tickets go on sale at 9.21 on the 28th, seems like they will do anything they can which would involve '21'

Adele headlining slot confirmed

On a serious note if it looks like they're pushing the 21st thing harder than they ever pushed the 20th either the former was supposed to be 'the big one' all along or they've realised they need something special to win people over after this year. Either way can surely only be good news in terms of the line-up.

On a serious note if it looks like they're pushing the 21st thing harder than they ever pushed the 20th either the former was supposed to be 'the big one' all along or they've realised they need something special to win people over after this year. Either way can surely only be good news in terms of the line-up.

...and now its bound to be jinxed and be Kings of Leon subbed by Snow Patrol, and Killers subbed by Jake Bugg

If V wanna make some cash back next year I suggest they scrap the bars and turn them into balloon dealers. I saw more money being made with the kids on the hippee crack than beer sales. One dealer in the Sure arena, whilst Duke Dumont was playing, had the longest queue of the weekend! 

Seems that T and V have fallen into the same state as comments after both are very similar.  The two festivals have become really stale over the past few years and people now seem to realise there's better festivals out there offering more value for the cash.

The festivals now seem to target the school leavers around 16-18 year olds and have forgotten about those who were loyal.

Think both are run by same company and line ups are remarkably similar.