Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Wireless and now Calling doing a deal where the ticket prices start really cheap and go up with each year the festival has been around, V could do something similar if tickets haven't sold very well. There could be a groupon deal or something similar, or maybe a few cheap tickets with people selling them. There i still over 2 months to go till the festival, anything could happen

• 2 weeks later...

The Facebook page is claiming there are limited tickets remaining. Also, full line-up/stage splits to be announced in early July.

there's always limited tickets remaining, there's a limited number - the site capacity - of tickets they're able to sell.

So they're not lying, there's definitely limited tickets remaining. :P

• 2 weeks later...

And new acts apparently. Was going to ask anyone's guesses but the forum is quite inactive lately

Crap new acts and Olly Murs headlining. That is a joke in itself.

Im not a fan of Paloma Faith but surely she should be on the main stage and not the arena.

New acts are:

De La Soul 

Pendulum 

MNEK 

Nick Jonas 

The Coronas

Conor Maynard 

Shift K3Y 

Sinead Harnett 

ZAC SAMUEL

DJ James Glover

Now where do I buy my £50 weekend camping ticket from???

The last two additions have been horrific, Id like to know how many tickets have actually been sold for this year, as a apart from initial sales I can envisage people getting that excited over the other artists that have been additionally added. 

Still holding out for another groupon deal if I decide to go.... 

Well that announcement was below par, was hoping for them to pull something out of the bag but no.

Paloma Faith as special guest gut she headlines the Arena.

Labrinth seems to have moved no where in stage order since 2013, but I did enjoy seeing him back then.

Pendulum DJ Set in my eyes is something that V could have had headline the Arena not be 3rd down. Its probably their best out of the new additions IMO.

Example moved right down the card, I dont see how his act will be much different with DJ Wire there as well, and he was 3rd on main last year.

V probably havent done themselves any favours with clashes either, before headliners on Calvin Harris night its all pop, nothing for any real indie fans. Doubt I would be going unless I got in for very cheap, but I could just about make a weekend of it with people I would want to see.

Without offending that is truly the weakest lineup I have ever seen... Hozier third down!??

Maybe is a bit high, when he is on after Courteeners and Annie Mac (Wouldnt have put her on main stage though). For the one song everyone will know it will be a good singsong on the main stage, but I dont know if he could fill a 45-50 min set without losing the crowd at V. It really is a weak line up even for V

Without offending that is truly the weakest lineup I have ever seen... Hozier third down!??

The guy speaks the truth. I didn't think it would be possible for any of the big five festivals to ever book a less exciting lineup than Reading has for the last two years, but V have managed it there.

Edited by Zac Quinn

The guy speaks the truth. I didn't think it would be possible for any of the big five festivals to look less exciting than Reading has for the last two years, but V have managed it there.

Surely that should be an award in itself.

Going from the Manics subbing the second stage last year to Clean Bandit doing it this time about sums it up, for me.

But then you have Tom Jones doing it on the other day, not a typical modern V booking but he might get a good crowd. Clean Bandit subbing second stage isnt too bad, Rita Ora did it 2 years ago

Maybe is a bit high, when he is on after Courteeners and Annie Mac (Wouldnt have put her on main stage though). For the one song everyone will know it will be a good singsong on the main stage, but I dont know if he could fill a 45-50 min set without losing the crowd at V. It really is a weak line up even for V

He was good at Glastonbury but when you consider the crowd reaction courteeners get its a bit of a strange one, definitely brings the party spirit down

And paloma and phonics clashing? That's just ensured they both have even smaller crowds than they would already get against Calvin Harris. Splitting them is madness

Last Weston park one (not just for me, in general) I'm calling it now.

Edited by efcfanwirral

That Sunday is the worst Line Up of a big festival i have ever seen. Perhaps of all festivals i would challenge people to show me a worse one. what actually makes it worse is that its so boring. I would actually rather watch train wreck gimmicky line up than this. 

And i don't think its me getting old or anything like that because its not like i don't "get" the George Ezras, Kodalines, Scripts and Clean Bandits, i just find them all dull and boring with no personality. I saw Calvin Harris at V a few years ago and he was alright actually but back then he had a full band and lots of energy now he is your typical "Press play" DJ. 

I may go Saturday purely because its local for me and i would be at least interested in seeing Kasabian who are good live from what i remember? i also like Chvrches and Marina has mighty breasts...also it would give me the prime opportunity to get my revenge on Sam Smith for writing and performing the worst song i have ever heard in my life.

Oh V...you were really good once...honestly :'(

That Sunday is the worst Line Up of a big festival i have ever seen. Perhaps of all festivals i would challenge people to show me a worse one. what actually makes it worse is that its so boring. I would actually rather watch train wreck gimmicky line up than this.

And i don't think its me getting old or anything like that because its not like i don't "get" the George Ezras, Kodalines, Scripts and Clean Bandits, i just find them all dull and boring with no personality. I saw Calvin Harris at V a few years ago and he was alright actually but back then he had a full band and lots of energy now he is your typical "Press play" DJ.

I may go Saturday purely because its local for me and i would be at least interested in seeing Kasabian who are good live from what i remember? i also like Chvrches and Marina has mighty breasts...also it would give me the prime opportunity to get my revenge on Sam Smith for writing and performing the worst song i have ever heard in my life.

Oh V...you were really good once...honestly :'(

Was that Calvin Harris in 2010? I remember him being amazing. If he had a full band on and was performing the songs he has live I'd be there Edited by efcfanwirral

Calvin.s DJ sets are good IMO, lots of hits the crowd will know and the lights and pyro on main stage will look good. However, I dont think DJ's should be headlining V as much as I do like them. Second stage is fine for them and if Calvin was on MTV stage and Kasabian or Killers or KOL were on main, I would see Calvin. Other headliners I might choose them, but it would be a case by case basis. Calvin has changed his act and look and pretty much everything since 2010 and I dont blame him, but the rest of the line up is where the festival is weak. I dont think it will be the last two-sited V but I think that next years line up could be equally as bad

Seriously paloma faith headlining the arena she should on the main stage 3rd down and plus Tom Jones subbing olly on the second stage, well really Tom should be in the afternoon slot for a hour playing the hits and olly should be first on if that! P.S I think the line up for this year is shit especially 20 years anniversary

Edited by benus80

Is Calvin Harris definitely a DJ set?  He was good when I saw him a few years back but I'd rather be bored by the Stereophonics for the zillionth time than watch someone play MP3's at a live music festival.

For the same reason I'll be giving Mark Ronson a miss.