royal blood

PetePie

I do agree with the criticisms of them on record but they really are something else live - Shaun Keaveny said on the Mercury Prize build-up program that they're almost like a circus act, you go along to marvel at the feat of producing that sound from two people rather than because they've written something ground-breaking.

Can't wait for their Portsmouth gig next week. It's gonna go off.

They were excellent last night in Manchester, but were only on for about an hour. The crowd were well up for it too.

We got ours on ticketmaster so it was only about £16 quid inc delivery, but if someone paid stubhub / viagogo prices for just an hour, they'd be particularly pissed off

I'd be surprised if people expected longer. We've discussed it in relation to what slot they'd get but they only have a half hour long album and it seems they chucked in a couple of B-sides too so they did well to fill an hour.

I do agree with the criticisms of them on record but they really are something else live - Shaun Keaveny said on the Mercury Prize build-up program that they're almost like a circus act, you go along to marvel at the feat of producing that sound from two people rather than because they've written something ground-breaking.

I do think they sound better live but I'd disagree about being wowed by it coming from two people. There have been rock duos doing the same things in popular music since the turn of the century. If people are still surprised by them not having more members then I guess it's testament to how wide an audience they've covered.

Except for the instruments I've no idea where the Royal Blood and DFA comparisons come from. One's a punk band and the other's pretty far from it.

I completely hear what you're saying, there are definitely clear differences - dfa are heavier and more punky, royal blood are 'poppier' and more rooted in blues rock. To me though the mood i would need to be in to want to listen to one is much the same as the other... something about the raw energy and slightly heavier music than i normally listen to. Makes sense to me anyway.

We are pleased to advise Royal Blood have rescheduled the 3 UK shows which were postponed this week due to ill health.

Friday 19th Dec - Bristol Bierkeller

Wednesday 7th Jan - Portsmouth Pyramids

Thursday 8th Jan - Oxford O2 Academy

All tickets remain valid for these shows. We wish to apologise to all ticket holders for any inconvenience caused.

Please contact the customer services at your point of purchase for any further assistance.

• 2 months later...