royal blood

PetePie

After the disappointment of Wednesday, I'm quite relieved to have got (by some minor miracle) tickets for the Thursday at the electric ballroom. I wanted to go to both nights but my mate was unsuccessful in trying for Friday tickets so the one night will have to do!

Got 1 for the same night so I am happy :) and guitarmandan I used ticketweb for mine no trouble at all getting on and I used my shitty 3G at work..... One of them things I guess I feel bad for you mate

Everyone who did not get tickets for the up coming shows, dont worry, it will be very uncool to like Royal Blood quite soon and then you can pretend to yourself and others to have never liked them at all, just like so many people have done to so many bands before them..........

Linky

i was thinking to myself the other day 'i wonder how long it'll be until everybody hates this band'. waves of hype are always soon followed with waves of disapproval. come the next album i imagine it'll be extremely uncool to like Royal Blood

i can't see myself hating them any time soon, but i can definitely see myself getting sick of the site / sound of them (hell, i was already pretty far forward in that before the album even came out). good on them for the success but, as with most acts who are suddenly shot to stardom, it'll come at a price. hopefully they'll stick it out long enough for the hype to wear off and for their music to speak for itself

Thought the general point of the article was actually good, it was just too negatively slanted. The music isn’t really for me, but aside from that, there’s definitely something distinctly naff about them, and it’s nothing to do with their popularity.

You could view that as a good thing or bad, I guess. Plenty of acts are popular (less so, more pitchfork kind of popular, but still) for the opposite reasons.