royal blood

PetePie

Even hyped musicians have never heard of them, so underground :O

http://www.nme.com/news/flying-lotus/7454

I mean this guy had his own Radio Station on GTA V so you know he's clued up with his music, they must really be far underground if he's never heard of them

as if Flying Lotus wasn't a cool enough guy as it is. i bet he didn't even attempt to find out what they sounded like, either. not even a quick Youtube search

Reading threads like this make me very glad I make sure I have no idea what's popular and what isn't. I couldn't give a toss what Radio 1 does and doesn't play, or what songs are being used to soundtrack what shows. If what I like happens to overlap with either, that's fine by me. Having few clues about what Joe Public enjoys hinders my ability to find new music sometimes, but does allow me to enjoy music on its own merits.

I enjoyed 'Royal Blood', and wish I'd seen them in June. Ultimately the album is ten short songs that all sound quite similar, but it's a great debut and there was never a point I thought about skipping a track.

Edited by kalifire

You probably didn't notice the track change. ;)

:lol: I'm out of upvotes! :(

I smell bullshit considering Biffy once supported NIN on invitation from Trent...

Kind of, he did say it but to me it was an insult like who the fuck they think they are getting in the way of NIN...

http://www.stereogum.com/1448112/trent-reznor-says-biffy-clyro-fucked-nins-reading-set/franchises/wheres-the-beef/

Not listened to the album yet, but enjoyed them at Glasto, even if it was a bit samey.

Wasn't sure whether I wanted to see them again so soon, but they're not playing Leeds anyway which makes the decision easier. Imagine they'll be on the Other next year in a similar position to Haim.

Fucking hell they're only playing Ritz in manchester !

Considering Catfish and the Bottlemen have sold out that without even having an album out these are gunna go very quickly.

(Are catfish and the Bottlemen on a hype atm? My mate likes them but they've sold out nearly a whole tour of decent sized venues without an album out. I'd never heard of them but I listened and they're pretty dull imo. Was just wondering if anyone had any idea.)

Yep Catfish seem to be.

I think the venues are a good choice. Won't instantly capitalise on all the demand but I imagine it'll stir up demand for more dates in the new year and festival slots. Plus these are still bigger than all the other venues they've headlined.

Yep if I was a fan of be very happy, I was certain that they'd play manchester academy though.