royal blood

PetePie

I was chatting about this yesterday; I reckoned just smaller than academies as (where I live anyway) they're not that well known outside of people who actively have an interest in new music...however my mate thought academies due to the people who know of them/have an interest in music will go see them..

I was chatting about this yesterday; I reckoned just smaller than academies as (where I live anyway) they're not that well known outside of people who actively have an interest in new music...however my mate thought academies due to the people who know of them/have an interest in music will go see them..

Yeah, I think they would easily sell out Academies, probably good for the hype too rather than not selling out bigger venues. "Record Festival Crowds! Sold Out Tour! Number One Album!"

Just watched a clip of them performing to a packed tent at Reading Festival, fair play to them if they're getting a load of hype and stuff, they've obviously worked really hard for it. But on the same token, it looked to me as though they were trying too hard to be cool, rather than just letting their hair down and not caring, but their songs reminded me a lot of QOTSA, which is always a good thing.

They don't need new material, just some TV spots and tour dates (which I imagine will be announced imminently) to keep it going.

Album was a lot better than I expected. Nothing groundbreaking but not as plodding as I imagined either. Also while reading up on the album I noticed they had a pretty enviable technical team and recorded at Monmouth so it's even more like they're sculpted for stardom; not necessarily a bad thing though.

Don't know if I'll pursue the tour but I'm welcoming seeing them again at Worthy Farm.

Front men should be a little absurd. They need to walk the line between charismatic, captivating and ludicrous. Otherwise it's just Gallagher style tedium. Give me a fucking showman/woman. I want them to enact my rock star fantasies, not look like they'd rather be making a cup of tea in an office. Give me Jarvis Cocker over Alex Turner.

Now we are talking Jarvis Cocker is a genius - love love love him - strange, absurd but captivating. - he's kept his personality unlike other frontmen who seem to have toned it down to make their millions

I love an absurd/captivating frontman !

I'd live to see Royal Blood actually open the Pyramid but I doubt that'd ever happen!

I reckon a day like:

Nine Inch Nails

Deftones/Soundgarden

Royal Blood

could work.

Nine Inch Nails headlining Glastonbury?

If they got a tiny crowd at Reading and couldn't even sell out a tour here they aint headlining Glasto, best bet is an other stage headline.

Why? Your AIM thing could be two-thirds complete this time next year. :P

I suppose you are somewhat correct (thanks for reminding me about AIM had to spend a while remembering what that was). I was suggesting that because I could get very single tracked minded down the heavy metal route when I am quite into folk, some indie and punk as well.

The album is alright. That's it. Alright. Nothing new, nothing technically great, nothing even really that catchy. The sort of album you hear round your mates and think it was listenable but couldn't be arsed to ask who it was when you worked out it wasn't Jack White singing over some garage band riffs that you last heard at a battle of the bands. Oh! They have a gimmick do they? Oooo a bass player and a drummer? That's amazing! Hang on, why don't they sound like that? Ah, because he plays the bass around the 12th fret and above when he hasn't replaced the top two strings with guitar strings and plays through a shit ton of pedals. The latter may be ok for the Edge, but at least he doesn't pretend it's anything else. I'm sure they'd be fun live, once. Second on the Other Stage? Behave. Not until they have more songs that don't sound the same.