royal blood

PetePie

downloaded the one above and it was just a 30 second snippet

here's one that works:

http://getmetal.org/other-genres/68631-royal-blood-royal-blood-2014.html

Thank you.

This is probably the best album I have heard in years. I had very high expectations having listened to them from the start but this us better than those expectations.

Jeez, can't people just wait and buy a cd these days...?

I had the same conversation with someone yesterday. Spent a few hours browsing in Rough Trade around the records, cds and books and supping on mint tea. Bought a few bits including new Glasligt cd, and someone said to me 'don't you download' and someone else said ' cheaper online' ... I was lucky enough to be in the area and would rather support a 'proper' record shop

I reviewed the album a few weeks back and gave it a big thumbs up, but with the qualifier that it perhaps lacks light and shade and might not have much longevity. Maybe tellingly, I haven't gone back and listened to it once since those initial few plays. Little Monster has to be one of the best singles/riffs of the year, though.

They deserve a lot of awards tbh... They're sure to do a good scoop at next year's NME Awards...

Must be a shoe in for Best New Band, Best Live Band, Best album and Best British Band... I guess you could even push it out to being up for Best Track... And at a major push, maybe Best Moment for the size of the crowd at their Glastonbury set.

If they're not at least nominated for the first three, I'll be massively surprised.

• Upvote 7

as for the album... it's okay. i just really understand all the hype surrounding this band. they sound like so many other bands who have come and gone. every time i think 'ah this is pretty good' i then seconds later think '...but it was also pretty good the last time i heard it'

not a bad album at all. i just find it weird that they're being championed as the 'next big thing' (although i understand that a lot of it has to do with their live reputation, which i unfortunately haven't seen. will be sure to check them out next time i get the chance, when they'll undoubtedly be ridiculously high up a festival lineup)

as for the album... it's okay. i just really understand all the hype surrounding this band. they sound like so many other bands who have come and gone. every time i think 'ah this is pretty good' i then seconds later think '...but it was also pretty good the last time i heard it'

not a bad album at all. i just find it weird that they're being championed as the 'next big thing' (although i understand that a lot of it has to do with their live reputation, which i unfortunately haven't seen. will be sure to check them out next time i get the chance, when they'll undoubtedly be ridiculously high up a festival lineup)

Exactly how I feel. I mean, they're good. I've enjoyed their songs, but I very much doubt they're going to change my life. Why do they have to be the 'best evaaaaah?'

Nah man, I love that, I love the enthusiasm for new bands, they way they kick down your defences and make you believe in the magic of music again, I love hearing a new band and raving to everyone about how fucking great they are. Sure, my ardour might cool in a few months, but you know fuck it, I love being knocked off my feet for a while. I hope it never stops, and they always feel like the second coming.

Just like being in love isn't it? Fall hard, fall often, relish that feeling.

• Upvote 2

The hype has been manufactured by record company bigwigs, as it usually always is. Won't Warner Bros have just seen Queens hit a peak of popularity and other riff heavy acts like Deap Vally and Drenge and stuff come through last year and think 'right, we need a our very one of those', so they plucked out Royal Blood and got them to add a bit of water so it's completely right for relentless Radio 1 and XFM marketing? That's the way I'm imagining it. That's not a swipe at them; I do think they're alright if a bit boring but their success is a good thing if it means opening doors for more imaginative acts of the same ilk.

The hype has been manufactured by record company bigwigs, as it usually always is. Won't Warner Bros have just seen Queens hit a peak of popularity and other riff heavy acts like Deap Vally and Drenge and stuff come through last year and think 'right, we need a our very one of those', so they plucked out Royal Blood and got them to add a bit of water so it's completely right for relentless Radio 1 and XFM marketing? That's the way I'm imagining it. That's not a swipe at them; I do think they're alright if a bit boring but their success is a good thing if it means opening doors for more imaginative acts of the same ilk.

Are you calling them manufactured?

If that's the future of manufactured music than please, lets hope we get more manufactured bands. Much better than Jake Bugg - which is apparently the most manufactured indie artist around.

Edited by mattgimmeshelter