End Of The Road?

Guest Midnight Man

Wouldn't write off Glastonbury as a lot of the smaller acts will probably cross over to some extent, but yeah it looks very good. Not been but it stands a good chance of being my post-Glastonbury high ticket purchase

Forums /forum/48-end-of-the-road/">this way that will probably answer your questions.

Edited by dentalplan

I'm still hoping to make Glastonbury this year by some means, but have to say that line-up for EOTR is looking stronger (to my tastes) than what's being rumoured so far.

I'm sure some of you good people have been.

What's it like as a festival? Is it a nice atmosphere? Good mix of people?

Appreciate any feedback...

I went last year and found it a bit staid. The fact that there was comedy in the day, three good headliners (for me anyway) and a half decent silent disco until 3am saved it for me, but without any one of those three, we might have been struggling. If you like more chilled out stuff though, it might be right up your street. I just didn't think personally that there was enough going on...

It's a festival designed to creates a pleasant vibe/atmosphere with it's focus being a place with nice areas to chill out and listen to music, it's not a festival for someone looking to party but a festival for people who want to relax and get some nice outdoor vibes and this is reflected very much in it's line up ever year. It's not uncommon for bands to play in front of an entire crowd who are sitting down. If that sounds good to you then it's probably the best festival in the country but for everyone else I'd recommend going elsewhere.

Think of it as the spiritual sister to 'The Park' at Glastonbury and you're pretty much right on the money.

The crowd if considered one of the friendliest out of all the festivals because it's not a place for rowdy people and as a result alcohol & drug consumption is considerably less then you'd find elsewhere.

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Nice place, nice music and generally nice people but found a lot of them to be very aware of the image of their 'proper' festival and sniffy about others (but then again I was one of the c**ts that goes to Reading so probably deserved it). So yes a spiritual sister to certain areas of Glastonbury. Seemed to be a lot of buggies as well. A decent small-mid sized alternative if you couldn't do Glastonbury.

Edited by mrtourette

Nice place, nice music and generally nice people but found a lot of them to be very aware of the image of their 'proper' festival and sniffy about others (but then again I was one of the c**ts that goes to Reading so probably deserved it). So yes a spiritual sister to certain areas of Glastonbury. Seemed to be a lot of buggies as well. A decent small-mid sized alternative if you couldn't do Glastonbury.

It was in open conversation, quite a few people couldn't understand that the same person could enjoy Reading and EOTR (apparently Reading is the festival for people who don't like festivals). But like I said generally everyone was friendly and interested in talking about music, just that slight undercurrent of superiority that only bitter old tossers are sensitive to (and which probably doesn't exist anyway).

Edited by mrtourette

EOTR is fantastic and my favourite festival apart from Glastonbury. The audience are seriously into their music and the vibe is very, very chilled and fun. There are several real ale bars and the ales are ALL listed in the programme which is very tasteful. The location is just amazing and the food is top notch.There are a LOT of acts from North America which is a rarity in the UK (but used to be commonplace at Glastonbury). Beacuse of it's compact layout it's easy to catch a whole load of bands on all the stages.Perfect.

If Glastonbury is the "London" of festivals, EoTR is a bit like Tunbridge Wells

Its a great end to the summer and very laid back, yes there are quite a few children and families and drugs are a big NO because its run by Scientologists who are very anti drugs. But the real ale bars make up for all of that.