Electric Picnic 2014

Guest A-Rob

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to figure out here why you can only buy day tickets for the sunday? and why would anyone do this now as I cannot find any info on who's playing which day, so how'd you know if you're seeing Portishead or not? :P

yea electric picnic has always been the whole weekend, sunday or nothing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blondie, Sinead O'Connor, Mogwai, James Murphy, Kelis, Neneh Cherry, The Horrors, Duke Dumont, Twin Shadow, Ham Sandhich, Clean Bandit, Drenge, The Orwells, Glass Animals, Wolf Alice, The Districts, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vancouver Sleep Clinic, Vaults, Benjamin Booker, Moko and the Noodjil Snoodjils.

Edited by pothead pixie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

who's been before that can give me a quick low down of what it's like?

capacity? sort of crowd it attracts etc etc

Went last year and going again this as it was super last year

Capacity I guess it's around 30,000-35,000

The festival vibe is quite laid back, the crowd last year was a bit diverse as there were some teens but I think the majority of the crowd were 20s and early 30s.

However last year the line up was a bit different from previous picnics as there were more acts that attarcted the teen crowd, such as Disclousre and TDCC but this year the line up is more back to roots of EP so I guess less younger crowd

Apart from the music on the main stages, there's a lot to do and ther's also late nght entertainment at the body and sould and rave in the woods so you can keep going untill the early hrs of morning

who's been before that can give me a quick low down of what it's like?

capacity? sort of crowd it attracts etc etc

this'll be my 3rd this year, and the crowd would be very much laid back and friendly...

in the previous 2 years i haven't spoken to anyone who has been robbed or had anything stole ( that's not to say it does'nt happen, but if it does there's not much of it)

seriously if your looking for a warm friendly atmosphere give it a go.... i'm just back from glastonbury this week and i have to say the crowds are very similar

• 3 weeks later...

Well that is Longitude nearly over and on its final day, normally Electric Picnic makes an announcement after that has passed, so hopefully we will see a fresh injection of names, not that I'm knocking the line up as it is, but now that the price has risen to 230 odd euro they will have to have a few fresh names to sell the festival out.

JAMES VINCENT MCMORROW • SBTRKT• BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB• WILD BEASTS• THE 1975 • HOZIER • HERCULES&LOVE AFFAIR • CATHY DAVEY• ASGEIR• NICK MULVEY• SAMPHA• SEINABO SEY• RUSTIE • THE STRYPES• WALKING ON CARS • LE GALEXIE• **** ROBOT • BP FALLON • NIGHTBOX • SHEPPARD• THE WHEREABOUTS • TRINITY ORCHESTRA• DUBLIN GOSPEL CHOIR

Are you goeing HMV then??

How was your 1st glastonbury?

Glastonbury was fab and already shitting myself over ticket day.

Yes going to EP and that's a first for me as well.

Was supposed to be going to Knockanstockan this weekend but can't now.

Liking some of the new additions to EPs line up and waiting to see the comedy now.

Glastonbury was fab and already shitting myself over ticket day.

Yes going to EP and that's a first for me as well.

Was supposed to be going to Knockanstockan this weekend but can't now.

Liking some of the new additions to EPs line up and waiting to see the comedy now.

you must be psychic or something!! 23 acts announced.

you'll over EP it'll be my 3rd on the trot, really great atmosphere and very laid back.

if MrMotivator makes an appearance make sure you go and see him1!! :D

how easy is the commute from dublin airport? any help would be brill

Theres buses every twenty minutes from the airport to the city centre and there should be festival links from Dublin or a direct bus to Portlaoise, from Portlaoise town you can get the festival shuttle bus, check Bus Eireann.ie, Citylink.ie. I hoping some electronic acts might still get announced, hoping for Moderat anyway. Some interesting ones they could get for the Red Bull Rave in the Woods stage would be Daniel Avery, James Holden (He had to cancel his Body&Soul festival appearance because the airline he was travelling with had lost his synthesizer), would also love to see Jon Hopkins again and Darkside too.

Edited by Frrrraaappp head

James Holden will be ace in the rave in the woods, I also hope for some of the following Nina Kraviz, Marcel Dettman, Andrew Weathrall, John Talabot, Ben Ufo, Paul Woolford

I don't like the increase in capacity, I think at 35K was the right amount for the festival as increasing people will mean the stages getting more busy and overcrowding