Metallica 2014

JamesT977

I don't agree with this granted they play England near enough every year but other parts of the UK such as Scotland where i'm from they never come here so it's a great treat that in coming down for Glastonbury i get to see one of my favourite bands, get to go to Glastonbury, be in another country and see Metallica for the first time since 2009. In my entire life I think Metallica have played Scotland at least 3 or 4 times.

huh? What other country will you be in? You will be in the UK.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree with this granted they play England near enough every year but other parts of the UK such as Scotland where i'm from they never come here so it's a great treat that in coming down for Glastonbury i get to see one of my favourite bands, get to go to Glastonbury, be in another country and see Metallica for the first time since 2009. In my entire life I think Metallica have played Scotland at least 3 or 4 times.

We have a big metal following in Blackpool and for years people have moaned about Metallica..... Like I said they are a great fit for the other stage.

So they going to be confirmed with prince tomorrow?

:)

I'm gonna purchase some tickets for his tour just in case... But everything points towards a pyramid spectacular from the purple one.

literally not one thing points to it being Prince, apart from the fact that Prince is still alive and so could physically do it if he wanted to. but he doesn't. so it's Metallica

Not one thing?

He didn't say no

He's touring

The reason they can't reveal the lineup is contractual issues

But it will be revealed start of May

He then reveals a warner contract and upcoming dates going on sale start of May.

I'd say that's more than one thing.. Where as Metallica???

literally not one thing points to it being Prince, apart from the fact that Prince is still alive and so could physically do it if he wanted to. but he doesn't. so it's Metallica

he has an offer confirmed by the organisers, has been doing warmup gigs, is doing other gigs around the same time in the UK, and the main headline announcement has been delayed.

these things all point to a possibility of him playing

what points strongly against it is neil having not heard anything to suggest he actually will play, although prince could be insisting on absolute secrecy/delayed announcements etc - he is a bit like that after all.

Not one thing?

He didn't say no

He's touring

The reason they can't reveal the lineup is contractual issues

But it will be revealed start of May

He then reveals a warner contract and upcoming dates going on sale start of May.

I'd say that's more than one thing.. Where as Metallica???

It's more than one thing, but it's all joined together as a fantasy.

I 100% guarantee that the "contractual reasons" act is NOT Prince. I also 100% guarantee that he wasn't booked at the time of the line-up announcement at the beginning of April.

He might end up playing, but it doesn't seem likely.

being in the UK a full month before the festival isn't really being in the UK around the same time, is it? if these shows were mid-June, then i'd be saying he's pretty likely, but they're not

who knows, it could still be Prince. but i think this far in, with almost every media source reporting on it, it's Metallica. if it is Prince it'd be the best secret the festivals ever managed to keep

yep, almost certainly not him....almost certainly metallica, headlining, the pyramid stage, at glastonbury, on a saturday night....keep saying it and it almost sounds credible, rather than sounding like they're wheeling out a bunch of old metallers who haven't done an album in 6 years

I've just figured out who the Saturday headliner is.

It's me.

It all makes sense: I live in the UK, I've never played Glastonbury before, and I can't be announced for contractual reasons because I haven't signed or even been offered any kind of contract. Also, I listened to some music on my way into work today, and have been making plans for Glastonbury ever since I bought my ticket the other day.

So basically, discussion over, and I hope you'll all come and see me play the Pyramid Stage.