Blackened

Sad But True

Master Of Puppets

Battery

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

One

Seek & Destroy

something like that (about an hour and a half / 15?) with maybe a song from Load / Reload / Death Magnetic stuck in there for good measure would be brilliant

Edited by FloorFiller

OK, I've been thinking abut this all day, and I've just watched their rock-am-ring show

I reckon I was wrong, there's no way I'll be within country mile of where they are, but you know what, it's a genius, inspired booking. It's exactly what Glastonbury should be doing. Fair fucking play.

Creeping Death

For Whom The Bell Tolls

Disposable Heroes

Blackened

Sad But True

Master Of Puppets

Battery

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

Seek & Destroy

something like that (about an hour and a half / 15?) with maybe a song from Load / Reload / Death Magnetic stuck in there for good measure would be brilliant

I would like 'One' pls

OK, I've been thinking abut this all day, and I've just watched their rock-am-ring show

I reckon I was wrong, there's no way I'll be within country mile of where they are, but you know what, it's a genius, inspired booking. It's exactly what Glastonbury should be doing. Fair fucking play.

Hear hear!

An hour and a half of Metallica hits on other and then to Arcadia and Shangri La. What a perfect night at Glasters that'd be. \m/\m/

I was just thinking there has been a suspicious lack of willutalk since the rumour accelerated yesterday. :P

my mate who is actually into metal says metallica are laughed at and not taken seriously at all. A parody if you will.

Is this not the case?

Probably why it's sort of a good booking. Metal for people who aren't really into metal, at a festival that doesn't really host metal.

my mate who is actually into metal says metallica are laughed at and not taken seriously at all. A parody if you will.

Is this not the case?

Jesting about Nick Cave.

Suppose Metallica could be described as that but I suppose every metal band end up being a parody of themselves. Metallica would be a truly amazing booking IMHO. Be highlight of my weekend in any case

Is this not the case?

When a metal band gets popular appeal they always seem to get slagged off by metal circles.

Glastonbury have one of the biggest selling bands of all time playing the Other stage... that's incredible.

For the record, there is no way their first 4 albums are 'middle of the road'

Jesting about Nick Cave.

Suppose Metallica could be described as that but I suppose every metal band end up being a parody of themselves. Metallica would be a truly amazing booking IMHO. Be highlight of my weekend in any case

Aye, and it's not like cave isnt a parody himself these days, I was setting someone up to say that!

I'd probably go and watch the tits anyway, clashes permitting. If only to moan about it on here in july :lol:

Is this not the case?

there'll always be people who are fans of any genre that think when a band starts selling loads of records / headlining arenas that they're shit. i'm sure the moment Metallica released Black Album a massive portion of their fanbase fled in drones (hell, i bet One having a music video pissed a fair few people off)

Aye, and it's not like cave isnt a parody himself these days, I was setting someone up to say that!

I'd probably go and watch the tits anyway, clashes permitting. If only to moan about it on here in july :lol:

:lol: Wouldn't be you otherwise. Come and say hello, I'll be one of the sweaty bastards in a black t shirt I'll have been wearing since March

When a metal band gets popular appeal they always seem to get slagged off by metal circles.

Glastonbury have one of the biggest selling bands of all time playing the Other stage... that's incredible.

For the record, there is no way their first 4 albums are 'middle of the road'

Yes, he's a terrible "metal snob", if there is such a term.

But you're right, it is a big booking (I still dont think it will happen though!)

Anyone here see the figure of 8 tour in '96? Dudes on fire falling out of the rigging at the end? 4 light bulbs illuminating the entire venue for the encore? Incredible.

Yeah, I mean Hoo Yeah! I went to that in Manchester. A fine show. I've been totting it up in my head and I think I've seen them 8 times including 4 at the old Monsters of Rock.

They've always been really good apart from one of the Donington shows when they were piss poor. I think it was a one off rather than part of a tour?

there's no way I'll be within country mile of where they are, but you know what, it's a genius, inspired booking. It's exactly what Glastonbury should be doing. Fair fucking play.

This.

Is this not the case?

Bit of an entry into metal through the commercial door for the 90s kids, rather than a parody I reckon.

I like a few of their tracks, would never put one of their albums on. They do a good job of Hard Rock, just not for me. I saw their Reading 08 performance and wasn't impressed (not least because I'd seen Rage earlier in the weekend and they looked like tired old men peddling past glories in comparison).

Yes, he's a terrible "metal snob", if there is such a term.

But you're right, it is a big booking (I still dont think it will happen though!)

There is a lot of snobbery within metal circles. But that isn't what I meant. More that there is a dislike when something gets popular (see fans reaction to when they made their first music video, for example).

I have my heart set on this happening now. I will dislike the Eagles as much as The Dude if I end up there because of no metallica.

To be fair Metallica playing 'Nothing Else Matters' is probably more likely to throw up a huge Glastonbury sing song 'moment' than any of the other headliners because

-> No one knows any Arcade Fire songs

-> Fans of The Eagles won't have their diaphragm in optimal singing postilion on account of sitting on camp chairs through out their set.

-> Kasabian fans will be so drunk on stellar that they'd slur all the words to fire

Edited by Yesiamaduck

To be fair Metallica playing 'Nothing Else Matters' is probably more likely to throw up a huge Glastonbury sing song 'moment' than any of the other headliners because

-> No one knows any Arcade Fire songs

-> Fans of The Eagles won't have their diaphragm in optimal singing postilion on account of sitting on camp chairs through out their set.

-> Kasabian fans will be so drunk on stellar that they'd slur all the words to fire

a true lighters in the air moment

"never cared for what they knowwwwww, AND I KNOWWWWWWW, YEAHHHHHHHHH' *solo*