Metallica 2014

JamesT977

awesome song..maybe if you took a minute to understand the subject matter of the lyrics..master of puppets is about cocaine addiction.

Master being the drug and puppets being the users,no doubt you think metallica is singing about the devil and killing people!!! Yeah drug addiction and what is does to people is very cheesy song lyrics!! Richard Ashcroft take note!

Metallica cheesy no,leave that to pop groups

No mate, sorry but cheesy is the most fitting description by far, cheese is very popular.

I have posted before that I think that metalica are definatly popular enough to headline and that I hope that they will as it will be good for the festival.

I think they will headline, I hope you enjoy, cheese and all.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear God, as if Metallica wasn't bad enough, we've moved on to The `Verve and Johnny Cash's cover of 'Hurt'. This is an unmitigated disaster of a thread now. Like a snowball of appalling music getting bigger and bigger as it rolls downhill. Can we seal it in concrete and bury it a thte bottom of the sea for the next thousand years.

Mind you, give it a thousand years, and Metallica will still be in the running for headlining Download for the 715th time.

Good to have you back Mardy. The all new pleasant Mardy scared me.

OK, I've been thinking abut this all day, and I've just watched their rock-am-ring show

I reckon I was wrong, there's no way I'll be within country mile of where they are, but you know what, it's a genius, inspired booking. It's exactly what Glastonbury should be doing. Fair fucking play.

I think you're right. Not my cup of tea at all, but you know what, nor is a lot of stuff on at any festival, so who am I to moan if they're booked? I saw them at Reading what, four years ago?

They're certainly big enough to do it, and I'd probably check out a bit just to see how they approach it.

And Glastonbury, of all places, should try and do something a bit different, something for everybody blah blah blah, so I think 'good on 'em'. And good on Metallica and all who love them, hope it's brilliant. :)

Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts ,Metallica are Contemporary Performing Artists ,so like it or not,have every right just like every other band /performer to be there and I think it will be great for the festival because in my opinion it has been a bit samey over the last few years.

Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts ,Metallica are Contemporary Performing Artists ,so like it or not,have every right just like every other band /performer to be there and I think it will be great for the festival because in my opinion it has been a bit samey over the last few years.

yes, because headliners of Arcade fire, Metallica and Kasabian isn't anything like what another festival might do. :P

Diversity are contemporary performing arts, and they sell pretty big venues. Should they headline?

Yeah it's one of like three Verve songs I actually really like (guess the other two :))

Consensus seems to be Jack White, which makes sense. Ease them in with a bit of rawk.

Have you only listened to Urban Hymns?

A Storm In Heaven and A Northern Soul are both better albums. Maybe I'm just saying that though as Urban Hymns is well over played. A great album but I find myself listening to the other two If I ever listen to The Verve nowadays. A Storm In Heaven is certainly underrated. The Verve also wrote some amazing b-sides.

Fine by me too, they might add some atmosphere to wherever I am that night :)

I've seen at festivals and seen other bands whilst Metallica were playing. It definately united the crowd added to the atmosphere.

Seen Metallica and enjoyed them too

I'm not going through 137 pages to see it: What's the consensus about live quality of Metallica nowadays. I thought they'd sort of lost it live... and on record...

I personally think they have got better with age.

They were brilliant in the 80's with a rather raw unpolished act, but now they are in a totally different league live to many other metal bands.

Out of the Big 4 Metallica have aged far better than any of the other 3.

I'm not bashing metallica there by the way, just saying I can see a lot of people going expecting a watered down set, and inevitably being disappointed when the first crashing power chords turn up.

That's their fault tbh. They see Metallica then they get a Metallica set which ain't really for the faint hearted. That's what they need to learn.

That's their fault tbh. They see Metallica then they get a Metallica set which ain't really for the faint hearted. That's what they need to learn.

Completely agree. But that's not going to stop people who aren't that into metal from going - especially when so many people on here are saying they should be 'open-minded' and check it out!

My mate still thinks it may be The Eagles.

If I'm honest, there's a tiny bit of my brain which refuses to give in and still thinks Pearl Jam's announcement has just been delayed due to their MK shows... :ninja:

Metallica have been playing live for over 30 years and sold millions and millions of records and toured the world countless times ... you don't do that by being a shit metal band ... check em out ... you just might like em ... Besides they haven't been 'Metal' since 1988 ... It wouldn't even surprise me if they turn up with an Orchestra. That would be amazing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erPnyi90cIc

Diversity are contemporary performing arts, and they sell pretty big venues. Should they headline?

Yes in the cabaret or circus areas,which is what Diversity are a circus act,which is the great thing about Glastonbury,there is a place for just about everybody but it has to be the right place,which is why Metallica are rightfully Headlining the Pyramid,hope this answers your question.