Wickerman 2014

Guest ramragon

I've been thinking for a while that 2 Many DJs would be perfect for after the burning of the Wickerman and i've noticed that they are playing a lot of smaller festivals this year. Craig Charles is always welcome though!

I've been looking at the main stage and i've been trying to decide how many acts are left to announce.

Looking through the Wickerman news items on their website, artist gig dates and some facebook posts they have issued i've worked out the day splits are as follows:

Friday

Dizzie Rascal

Shed Seven

Alabama 3

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas

Augustines

The Zombies

Skinny Lister

The Hosts

Saturday:

Del Amitri

The Feeling

Big Country

Finding Albert

Model Aeroplanes

Life

Unsigned Band Competition Winner

Bearing in mind days are subject to change, to me that makes Friday in my opinion to be heavilly stacked act wise.

I'm thinking on the Saturday they could slot another medium sized act in between The Feeling and Big Country to balance it out a bit.

What does everyone else think?

Good work MM !

Hopefully one or two more to get added. Especially on the Saturday as you say. Tickets go on sale tomorrow for Craig Charles in Glasgow on Fri 25/7. Could this mean they have him lined up for the Saturday night ?

When you include the stuff in the scooter tent there is enough to keep me happy.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

A quick question as this is my first wickerman in a few years. How quickly does family camping fill up? We think we will arrive at 1pm an hour after opening on the Thursday. There are 9 of us though! Do you think we'll be ok or do you have to get there on the dot to guarantee a space?

Edited by mmfactor

A quick question as this is my first wickerman in a few years. How quickly does family camping fill up? We think we will arrive at 1pm an hour after opening on the Thursday. There are 9 of us though! Do you think we'll be ok or do you have to get there on the dot to guarantee a space?

You will be fine mate. By the time we get there on Friday lunchtime it`s pretty busy but have always found space. It`s all new for everyone this year as they are swapping family and vip over. Will mean a slightly longer walk to the family camping but I`m thinking it will be worth it for more space. I`m heading down on the Thursday this year and I see there will be a new car park for the new family camping area so hopefully less distance to drag all the stuff.

Thanks for the reply comfortablynumb1910. i was probably worrying over nothing!

its probably my age but the idea of being stuck in the main campsite next to bass camp and as Jonjo says that blooming dutch fairground ride fills me with dread!

I like my sleep so then I am able to enjoy the best of what Wickerman has to offer!

yo cnumb thinking of popping up thursday ta pitch me tent what time you going?

Lochman. Will be down for 7ish I`d guess but will confirm next week. If your puting your tent up at 7 then I`ll maybe make it half past :P

JJ. Sure 9 will be good. Do we know what time the Beatles are on ? I`ll go with the yellow carnation and I`m sure Lochman will be wearing head gear that will make him stand out. Pretty sure Ramra of this parish will also be up for it ?????????

Hope this heat wave keeps up !

Right if anyone fancies it 9pm at the bar. Wear a flower and carry a newspaper under your left arm.

Yeah I'd be up for it fella, I'll skip the newspaper an flower though cos I recognise most of you anyways ! 9am Thursdays fine for me. As for jonnie, I'll be there early Thursday, give me a shout an I'll sort ur tent out for you........ Again. .....

Yeah I'd be up for it fella, I'll skip the newspaper an flower though cos I recognise most of you anyways ! 9am Thursdays fine for me. As for jonnie, I'll be there early Thursday, give me a shout an I'll sort ur tent out for you........ Again. .....

You can do 9am , I'll stick with 9pm.

British Sea Power just been added to main stage for Saturday!

Another great addition , one of the best line ups ever at Wickerman

Really! Saw them earlier this year and they were superb. What started as a rubbish lineup for me has really come on leaps. Can't wait now.

Yeah BSP were a surprise addition out of the blue, another decent one for the card which is looking better. Still not convinced by Del Amitri as headliners but there's plenty to keep me amused.

Jonjo, I was half asleep last night, 9pm sounds better to me, Friggin autocorrect must be trying to turn me in to an alcoholic ! Why I typed this it changed the 9pm to 9am again !