Boardmasters 2014

Guest music-fan4

Line-up announcement on friday, I've heard from a number of people that its a great festival (if slightly commercial).

Possible Headliners: Alt-J, Bombay Bicycle Club, Jake Bugg, Disclosure, Metronomy, Rudimental, Fatboy slim, Friendly Fires, Bastille, Django Django, Katy B, some incarnation of odd future or maybe Frank Ocean?

Would be happy with most of the above (bar rudimental, bugg and bastille)

Anyway thoughts on the festival, predictions, plans etc.

Yeah it's a good festival, lovely setting, very friendly, seemed to be a high percentage of post-exam teenagers with luminous face paint but that wasn't a bad thing,

well if the line-ups decent I'll probably be one of them, Latitude line-up hasn't got my mates very excited so we're looking elsewhere... I'll probably stay away from the luminous face paint though (mostly at least...)

Me and my friends are also looking into Boardmasters for this year. After Beach Break Live in 2012, we are definitely feeling another festival down by the coast, there's nothing like relaxing on the beach during the day before the stages kick off into the night. Seeing as Beach Break Live has been declared bankrupt, Boardmasters looks like the next best thing with its stunning location and broad mix of solo artists, indie bands and electronic / dance music.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Example, Rudimental, Katy B, London Grammar and ALT-J on the line up, we'll find out Friday!

It's all very much line up dependent on which festival we decide on this year. Sundown's line up in Norfolk isn't looking to shabby this year; Chase and Status, Ellie Goulding, Tinie Tempah, Zane Lowe, Andy C and a few others and that's only based on the first announcement.

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking of getting a ticket for Boardmasters this year ?

Their website says there is a restriction on alcohol you take into the campsite, are they strict with this ? Do you get stopped / searched when you first go into the campsite ?

What's the price like in the arena for food & drink ? How much for a pint ?

Any help would be much appreciated....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm almost certainly not going this year,,,,,,,,,have worked there for years....... AND THE DEAD KENNEDYS ARE PLAYING. Generally I've found the line up to be a bit teenage for an old giffer like me. (With a few exceptions)

(Crowd usually consists of 15 to 21 year olds guzzling copious gallons of Relentless and Red Bull most of whom act like they have never been to a gig before)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went as well and apart from the view from The Point and Chase and Status it was the worst festival I have been too. I thought the kids at Reading were obnoxious but the kids here were in a different league . Having Duke Dumont not play as he was worn out and it being cancelled today were the icing on the cake. I will never complain about anything to do with Glastonbury again!

I will not be returning!

Alot of my friends who've just came back said this was the worst festival they've ever been to and will never go back.

Are these the same friends who knew that Arcade Fire were headlining T, or that Coldplay were the surprise guests on the Other stage at Glastonbury?