Truck Festival 2014

Guest pie_and_a_pint

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On FB last night one of the organizers said there isn't long to wait until the first announcement. Never understood why if the bands are booked the announcement isn't made at the same time the tickets go on sale.

Probably (and this is pure speculation) but if the bands have a tour to announce, particularly headliners, they'll need to wait.

Ah is the music Friday and Saturday?

Thought it was Saturday & Sunday :P

Was chatting to one of the locals last year and they reckon it has something to do with not having chaos on the roads on Monday morning when everybody is trying to leave (which would happen if it was Sat & Sun). Which makes sense I suppose.

Brilliant headliners and some nice acts on the undercard too! Peace, Swim Deep, Eliza and the Bear, Darlia, Circa Waves and Flyte are great acts!

If I end up going it'll be my 10th time seeing White Lies too, for some reason I never get bored of them! :P

And for £74 you can't go wrong!

I guess it depends what kind of 17 year-olds you are. It isn't family-based but more family-friendly, there are plenty of groups of teenagers around and stuff to do until the early hours of the morning but if you want to treat it like Reading where you get people throwing drinks and deliberately charging into people it won't be for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Never been to truck festival before but seriously tempted by the line up- just wondering what the atmosphere is like there? Like would a group of 17 year old have a good time there or is it a more family based thing... Cheers :)

went last year at 17 with group of 17s and thoroughly enjoyed. Friendly festival with great atmosphere but if you're looking for something 'mental' etc probably won't be your cup of tea. However, last year a high enough percentage of demographic were teens that I met numerous people my age.

Edited by thelionsmouth

• 3 weeks later...