Y-Not 2014

Guest 5co77ie

Not been before but this looks like the best indie line up (barring a few exceptions) of the summer. Was just wondering is there any late night entertainment (after main stage finishes) or dance tent, silent disco.

They don't really have much in terms of late night entertainment. Think they had a dance tent/indie disco type of thing last year on till about 1/2 but that's it really. People just tend to head back to the campsites, they have a communal camp fire where you sometimes get some of the bands doing acoustic sets.

as tinkerbell says there is a dance tent that's on for a few hours after the bands finish aswel as a huge communal fire pit where we gather and the odd band pop down and join in with a few drinks, impromptu acoustic sets. then theres always the option to have a few cans round the campsite with mates

there was also a cinema tent showing movies last year, although I have no idea what time that finished last year? we only popped in during the day when it was raining and watched scott pilgrim v the world, (there was a bar in the tent aswel so it was pretty awesome)

as tinkerbell says there is a dance tent that's on for a few hours after the bands finish aswel as a huge communal fire pit where we gather and the odd band pop down and join in with a few drinks, impromptu acoustic sets. then theres always the option to have a few cans round the campsite with mates

there was also a cinema tent showing movies last year, although I have no idea what time that finished last year? we only popped in during the day when it was raining and watched scott pilgrim v the world, (there was a bar in the tent aswel so it was pretty awesome)

Totally forgot about the cinema. Just found last years lanyard out and they had films on at 11pm each night so they would go on til half 12/1ish depending on length of the film. Was pretty cool actually chilling out in there with buckets of beer :)

• 1 month later...

1st time at Y not and looking forward to it.

Quality line up for the price and size. I like the fact its main focus is being a "music festival" rather than a "boutique festival" that tries to play down the music in favour for workshops and theatre shows.

Loving the fancy dress theme but does anyone know which day is it?

Cheers

Going to y not for the first time this year... As a 17 year old, how thorough will the searches be? Is just wrapping up cans of beer or whatever up in clothes enough? Or we will have to go for vodka in water bottles? Or do something a whole lot more fancy?

Y Not is the only festival I've ever been to where I've seen under 18s have beer taken off them, they're really strict! Definitely don't just walk in with a crate in your arms or on a trolly because they will take it off you.

Search wise they don't really tend to get all your stuff out if you have a rucksack so i'd wrap in clothes and put it right at the bottom. You should be fine doing that. Or just leave it til the Fri night when its only just a couple of security guards + dark and you could probably walk in fine with it.

Going to y not for the first time this year... As a 17 year old, how thorough will the searches be? Is just wrapping up cans of beer or whatever up in clothes enough? Or we will have to go for vodka in water bottles? Or do something a whole lot more fancy?

Went last year as a 16 year old. They're really tight, ridiculously so, I remember they made me empty out my sleeping bag case which had a bottle of vodka in it. The only booze me and my mates got in was some vodka and some wine we'd put inside 500ml coke bottles which we'd then put inside pringles cans (inspired technique if I do say so myself).

Funnily enough, once in the arena as a group we only got id'd once over the entire weekend and trust me I really don't look old for my age, so I'd focus on getting a decent amount of vodka or other spirits in to have with some mixer (obviously be sensible etc.) and then bring some money for a few beers in the arena inside - just make sure you hide your under-18 wristband when buying! Also if your thinking about smuggling weed in dont bother as I saw a few people getting kicked out on the way in (plus police on sight) and it was surprisingly easy to find some in the campsite.

first definitely put all your spirits in plastic bottles, even if your 35 they will take it off you if its in glass, makes sense to use a water bottle if its vodka and they probably wont even bother checking

not that I condone underage drinking ofcourse but if your bag feels like it has an anvil hidden in it, chances are they will assume its a load of cans

Hello

I have a ticket for y not. My friend has backed out and despite calling round no one I want to go with can go!

I can provide proof of postage (ie the emails gigantic send) either forwarded or in PDF form before you commit to anything.

Can get it out recorded and tracked. Looking for £80 or best offer! I paid £90 including postage and booking fee :)

Interesting fact about y not - hold they award for best festival toilets! :)

Please message me - freedom fields at rocketmail.com

Jess