Self Confirmed

Rumblestripe

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Don't think they're that big anymore. Park Stage headliner I'd say.

You know what... I'm not even sure about that. I think evening slot on JP

Also the appears to be no info on the web regarding Klaxons self confirmation so either they're really fucking unpopular now or it isn't true.

On top of that their new single is SUPER generic

https://soundcloud.com/klaxons/there-is-no-other-time

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Also the appears to be no info on the web regarding Klaxons self confirmation so either they're really fucking unpopular now or it isn't true.

Yeah it was on Zane Lowe. Didn't hear it myself though, which is why I said supposedly. Bunch of tweets about it though

I don't think the popularity has waned that much. They'd still be near the top of JP but not headline, Park is just about equivalent to that.

I would say the song is generic for a different act, but it's like nothing they've ever done. Sounds like a remix of a song of theirs. I don't like it but hopefully it won't all be like that.

I went to Zane Lowe's radio show for tonight, clicked randomly on the bar and it took me to seconds before they said it, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Around 36 minutes in; I wrote a short transcript (K=Klaxon, Z=Zane, obviously)...

K: "There are gigs planned now, again we can't tell you when yet..."

Z: "Yeah"

K: "...crumbs

Z: "Glastonbury"

K: "[small laugh] Here here"

Z: "[roaring laugh] You seriously need to work on your poker face man, seriously need to work on your poker face"

K: "We're just trying to encourage that happening"

K: "Live the dream"

So I reckon that they're there, and that every BBC radio DJ knows every act on the Glastonbury line up, no matter how big or small.

Aw yeah I weren't saying it was generic for them, just that the song could've been written by anybody and it sounds like all poor imitation of all the hyped electronic acts... from 2 or 3 years ago.

I will always have a soft spot for their debut but maaan they're a band very much of their time.

I don't think they'll play The Park stage, I don't think they fit in with the general ethos of the stage who tend to book more ATP/Pitchfork friendly acts whereas JP book more NME friendly ones

Aw yeah I weren't saying it was generic for them, just that the song could've been written by anybody and it sounds like all poor imitation of all the hyped electronic acts... from 2 or 3 years ago.

I will always have a soft spot for their debut but maaan they're a band very much of their time.

I don't think they'll play The Park stage, I don't think they fit in with the general ethos of the stage who tend to book more ATP/Pitchfork friendly acts whereas JP book more NME friendly ones

I did actually listen to the song on the Pitchfork website. But yeah, it'll be one of the two. JP would still work because of it being inside a tent but it'd be a shame to not have them close out the stage they play.

I did actually listen to the song on the Pitchfork website. But yeah, it'll be one of the two. JP would still work because of it being inside a tent but it'd be a shame to not have them close out the stage they play.

Yeah but they aren't favored at all by your typical Pitchfork/DiS/Radio 6 type of guy, they're more of an NME/XFM/Radio One 'alternative' act... the sort that populate the JP stage (which is why the JP stage is often filled with bands John Peel would actually hate because, rather Ironically, he tended to lean more toward the type of bands that played The Park xD)

This isn't meant to be a rag on the band, though they really aren't for me anymore, but just an observation.

Edited by Yesiamaduck

Yeah I thought the new song was a bit generic sounding to ...a tad disappointing really!

But Glastonbury :D......It's hard to judge when a bands been away for a while, but their last album didn't seem to gain any new fans even if the tour sold okish I think (They done the O2 Academy in Bournemouth) but yeah a guess Park Headliner/high up the on the John Peel or maybe even early other stage which would be a bit shit.

Possible they are about as big as The View are now though ofc and they just do a late show on Williams Green? (I realise the View were mid afternoon that they didn't bother turning up for anyway :P)

Yeah but they aren't favored at all by your typical Pitchfork/DiS/Radio 6 type of guy, they're more of an NME/XFM/Radio One 'alternative' act... the sort that populate the JP stage (which is why the JP stage is often filled with bands John Peel would actually hate because, rather Ironically, he tended to lean more toward the type of bands that played The Park xD)

This isn't meant to be a rag on the band, though they really aren't for me anymore, but just an observation.

They're on Radio 6 now lol